• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3/12 on 3rd and 4th

AU-panther

Just now, AU-panther said:

Relax, I'm not picking on Cam specifically.

The offense has been bad on 3rd and 4th all year.

No you relax and stop making dumb threads blaming a offense who's been together 8 days for a defense who's been together all year and should have put up a better effort then what we saw today...

Brady’s offense is pretty stale. His runs are either zone step or RPO (still zone step except for the tackle leaving the outside guy open to read).

His passes are RPO or he runs numbers from the route tree that don’t make any sense. During the pats game he ran two 6 routes on one side and two 2 routes on the other and our receivers were just bunched up together in the middle of the field.

Almost little to no motion. I’ve yet to see a fade in the redzone or a drag opposite of the PA like every other team does and we used to with Greg.

He literally reminds me of my high school coach who would be like okay, you run a x and x on this side and a x and x on this side. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 1

One of the key turning points was Heinecke escaping a sack to complete 4th and 2. We had two 4th and shorts and converted neither.  The problem is playcalling and design and execution. I love McCaffrey but the guy always seems to come up and yard or two short in the most key situations.  

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No you relax and stop making dumb threads blaming a offense who's been together 8 days for a defense who's been together all year and should have put up a better effort then what we saw today...

So what would help this team win more games over the season?  fixing the offense or the defense?

Pretty easy answer.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Brady’s offense is pretty stale. His runs are either zone step or RPO (still zone step except for the tackle leaving the outside guy open to read).

His passes are RPO or he runs numbers from the route tree that don’t make any sense. During the pats game he ran two 6 routes on one side and two 2 routes on the other and our receivers were just bunched up together in the middle of the field.

Almost little to no motion. I’ve yet to see a fade in the redzone or a drag opposite of the PA like every other team does and we used to with Greg.

He literally reminds me of my high school coach who would be like okay, you run a x and x on this side and a x and x on this side. 

He's poo and its still all on film. We had a play on a 3rd down where our two right side WRs ran the same exact right and were running side by side together down there lmao...like seriously lol.

• Beer 1

Since we are on this topic, call me old school or whatever. I can remember coaches having crap games, specifically Chudzinski, Davidson, and McDermott and coming down to the sideline for the following few games to be involved in everything and in the mix. I don’t see Brady getting his ass out of that chair. 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

So what would help this team win more games over the season?  fixing the offense or the defense?

Pretty easy answer.

More time for the offense to Gell and the defense playing at the level they had most of the season... Today the defense failed.. Most ppl if living in reality excepted the offense not to be perfect in 8 days.. We expected the defense to carry the team until the Cam and the offense has more time together.. You do understand he doesn't know the whole playbook yet right??

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

More time for the offense to Gell and the defense playing at the level they had most of the season... Today the defense failed.. Most ppl if living in reality excepted the offense not to be perfect in 8 days.. We expected the defense to carry the team until the Cam and the offense has more time together.. You do understand he doesn't know the whole playbook yet right??

I don’t know man. This offense isn’t that deep. The played the whole game and it didn’t look any different than it has the rest of the season. I think he knows it.

Not a hit on Cam but on the complexity issue.

Edited by Cdparr7

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Here again you are turning this into some type of comment about Cam.  These problems have been going on all season.  

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Third Down Conversion Percentage | TeamRankings.com

Bottom 10 in the league on 3rd down for the year.

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I don’t know man. This offense isn’t that deep. The played the whole game and it didn’t look any different than it has the rest of the season. I think he knows it.

Not a hit on Cam but on the complexity issue.

We haven't scored TD 4 games in a row..

They've scored 5 in 2 weeks with a guy coming off the couch .. What the heck are you talking about??

26 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If you can't score more than 21 points against the 5th worst defense in the league, at home, do you really think you are good enough to beat good teams in the playoff?

We only had like 1 drive in the 3rd. They clock controlled our asses to a tune of 36 minutes to 24. 50% more that our total minutes is killer, especially with a newly signed QB learning the offense. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Here again you are turning this into some type of comment about Cam.  These problems have been going on all season.  

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Third Down Conversion Percentage | TeamRankings.com

Bottom 10 in the league on 3rd down for the year.

And you can't blame All season on this one game.. When your 2 most important parts to the offense just started playing together 2 weeks ago.. 

The 2 most important players on offense haven't been here all season.. What are you talking about..

The Cardinals offense doesn't look like the same offense with Murry, Dhop and the RB right?? Or do you use the same judgment metric.. You're not adding context to your argument.  

27 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If you can't score more than 21 points against the 5th worst defense in the league, at home, do you really think you are good enough to beat good teams in the playoff?

Washington had the ball for over 11 minutes more than us.  Only 15 in a quarter. 

Given Cam hasn’t even been here two weeks….the O wasn’t the problem today when you factor in everything.    I mean we can nitpick the O.  But this D has built it’s rep on teeing off on bad QBs.    If you can run the ball and have a decent QB and WR….it can’t get the job done. 

• Beer 1