• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing a true deep threat.

TheMaulClaw

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seems like Rhule wants a run heavy offense and play action deep shots.

Remember Shula?

do you just like try to make the most controversial takes ever  or

it's an artform at this point so i'm curious 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seems like Rhule wants a run heavy offense and play action deep shots.

Remember Shula?

What play action have you been seeing? poo makes no sense we been running up the middle every first down all year so you can have it whenever you want it on first down.

Anyway we do have the ability to go deep, but we don't have a modern NFL deep threat now.  No body is current NFL fast on our roster and really didn't really replace it when Curt left.

It's not damning, but it sucks when it seems like our WRs don't get tons and tons of elite separation easily and quickly, which is what we need with our o-line

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

What play action have you been seeing? poo makes no sense we been running up the middle every first down all year so you can have it whenever you want it on first down.

I think that's why Rhule is getting frustrated. I think that's what he wants.

I agree with mixing more of it in, just wanna give people a heads up before they start screaming to go all in on that, that's basically asking for Shula back.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that's why Rhule is getting frustrated. I think that's what he wants.

I agree with mixing more of it in, just wanna give people a heads up before they start screaming to go all in on that, that's basically asking for Shula back.

We have some people going a few different directions. Some people think its Rhule. Some people think its the coordinator. Do you feel Rhule has laid out some poo that isn't getting done by OC?

I'm still on the fence with Rhule overall as it looks like he actually does relegate and OC is clearly on the headset calling the plays and no one not even Brady himself has contradicted this. Rhules in game coaching seems poo but in terms of the rest I'm not convinced he's bad just yet and the players keep repeating his talk which is a clear and obvious sign he hasn't lost the room. When the players stop that or speak their own language is when you can see there's a HC issue from the player perspective.

Still think he's a dumb dumb game day though.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

We have some people going a few different directions. Some people think its Rhule. Some people think its the coordinator. Do you feel Rhule has laid out some poo that isn't getting done by OC?

I'm still on the fence with Rhule overall as it looks like he actually does relegate and OC is clearly on the headset calling the plays and no one not even Brady himself has contradicted this. Rhules in game coaching seems poo but in terms of the rest I'm not convinced he's bad just yet and the players keep repeating his talk which is a clear and obvious sign he hasn't lost the room. When the players stop that or speak their own language is when you can see there's a HC issue from the player perspective.

Still think he's a dumb dumb game day though.

I think when Darnold sucked and our OL was a mess than Rhule let Brady know that he wanted a more run based approach. Makes sense. But Brady handcuffed his offense so much that it's no longer really his offense. Hopefully we start to see things get opened back next week as Cam gets more comfortable. I think there may be a bit of miscommunication going on right now. Rhule wanting to be more run heavy but still aggressive in the passing game while Brady is basically hearing "go conservative". I don't know, just spitballin'.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think when Darnold sucked and our OL was a mess than Rhule let Brady know that he wanted a more run based approach. Makes sense. But Brady handcuffed his offense so much that it's no longer really his offense. Hopefully we start to see things get opened back next week as Cam gets more comfortable. I think there may be a bit of miscommunication going on right now. Rhule wanting to be more run heavy but still aggressive in the passing game while Brady is basically hearing "go conservative". I don't know, just spitballin'.

I know what doesn't help though.

Rhule himself is inexperienced in the NFL and Brady is inexperienced period. He's only had one season in at college being just an assistant coordinator and now he's NFL full time OC...doesn't seem like a recipe for greatness. 

The good news potentially though is that what Cam does well is actually what Brady is partially known for as somehow people got mixed up thinking Brady is a deep passing game guy which he isn't and never has been. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

it's hard to say I think because of the flux in the offense. Darnold balls out 3-4 games. Darnold poops the bed and gets reckless the next few. Receivers can't catch anymore. Then Darnold no longer the #1 and now we have Cam who doesn't know the playbook. It's like day, night, day -- the offense keeps changing due to the execution on the field and the QB change.

Brady does need to add in play action. We did 0 play action passes on sunday. With the way McCaffery was getting yards on the ground, play action could have tore that defense up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1