• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff options if Rhule stays...

Mr. Scot

We need an experienced OC. No more first timers. OL and ST are pretty much beyond doubt in need of replacement. But I'm just not at all thrilled about the idea of another head coach who has to have his hand forced to upgrade his staff. The writing is on the wall with that.

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Do you really think Brady is going to be axed? I don't think he's getting canned unless Rhule goes too. 

Chase Blackburn should have been fired after the Miami game. That's two blocked punts this year that have altered the course of a game. Shouldn't allow a blocked punt all season. 

Rhule gonna double down....

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Do you really think Brady is going to be axed? I don't think he's getting canned unless Rhule goes too. 

Chase Blackburn should have been fired after the Miami game. That's two blocked punts this year that have altered the course of a game. Shouldn't allow a blocked punt all season. 

Rhule was somewhat publicly critical of our offense, if you recall. I think if Tepper demands heads, Brady will be an obvious choice.

If we hire Tom Cable our line will stagnate and will not improve. 

Dude was DESTROYED by the Seattle fanbase for being a an absolutely terrible line coach. 

Schottenheimer, also no thank you for similar reasons listed above. 

I see us letting go of both Brady and Blackburn honestly, and at that point, clean house and get a new coaching staff all together because this one is in over their heads. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

If we hire Tom Cable our line will stagnate and will not improve. 

Dude was DESTROYED by the Seattle fanbase for being a an absolutely terrible line coach. 

Schottenheimer, also no thank you for reasons listed above. 

I see us letting go of both Brady and Blackburn honestly, and at that point, clean house and get a new coaching staff all together because this one is in over their heads. 

I would take Cable over Meyer but not by a lot

Since Darnold is the only QB under contract for next year, the HC is on the hot seat...who TF would take our OC spot?

I can't imagine some of the more competent options flocking to come here in those circumstances. I just seeing it having to be an in-house promotion. 

Same with the Oline coach, who with a brain would come here with what we have and what we can allocate to improving on that unit?

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Brady's the best possible scapegoat.

More to the point though, he's genuinely not good. The OC gig was handed to him way too early.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Since Darnold is the only QB under contract for next year, the HC is on the hot seat...who TF would take our OC spot?

I can't imagine some of the more competent options flocking to come here in those circumstances. I just seeing it having to be an in-house promotion. 

Same with the Oline coach, who with a brain would come here with what we have and what we can allocate to improving on that unit?

Coaches have egos, often massive egos.

Plenty of them go into new jobs figuring "Hey, things may be bad now but WAIT TILL THEY HAVE ME COACHING THEM!"

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Coaches have egos, often massive egos.

Plenty of them go into new jobs figuring "Hey, things may be bad now but WAIT TILL THEY HAVE ME COACHING THEM!"

Ok, that's a possibility but even with the GM search our options were not top shelf and the best one walked away before the end. 

With the lack of meaningful NFL ties, the massive need for NFL experience and the crap position we are finding ourselves in I'm just having a hard time believing this will end up in more than a lame duck year for a staff that can't keep their heads above water in the NFL. I'm also not sure firing Rhule changes some of that, we are not a desirable location in 2022 for a lot of reasons. 

Love the work sir, it just sounds like we need a half court shot from guys that can't make a layup with a flat ball. (Hope that fits because I no nothing about basketball)