• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule to Oklahoma???

joemac

Just now, electro's horse said:

well if he's going back to college this year he has to go now. 

I don't think that's happening this year.

Only hope we probably half of getting out from under his thumb this year is if Tepper fires him, and nobody seems to think the odds on that are very good.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think that's happening this year.

Only hope we probably half of getting out from under his thumb this year is if Tepper fires him, and nobody seems to think the odds on that are very good.

obviously the big programs CAN outspend an NFL team, as we've seen, but I don't know if Oklahoma has that kind of scratch. 

It would make sense though with their impending switch to the SEC. 

• Pie 1

Just now, electro's horse said:

obviously the big programs CAN outspend an NFL team, as we've seen, but I don't know if Oklahoma has that kind of scratch. 

The one sliver of hope I have right now is that Oklahoma hasn't made anything official.

That said, all indications are that Rhule to Oklahoma isn't happening.

7 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

after seeing Brian Kelly contract details, I don't know why anyone would ever leave college

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_e3209444-5247-11ec-9e32-ff8fe54a2db2.html

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because recruiting is a huge pain in the ass...

and time consuming.  When Matt Rhule's disaster season is over this year......he gets legit time off.  College coaches if they want to be good don't get legit time off.  You just go immediately to recruiting mode. 

Why would Rhule walk away from a $60 million contract in his 2nd year.  Seems it would be better to get fired and collect on the contract then go back to college football.  Perhaps his ego can't handle this and he knows the NFL is too much for him.