• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer article by Ellis Williams. How the Panthers got here

raleigh-panther

29 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I was a fan of the Rhule hire. I even defended him a few weeks ago, but no more. It’s becoming obvious he’s in way over his head. I bought into “he can build a program” label, but he’s sinking this franchise for the near future. He and his entire staff needs to go back to college where they belong. 

This is where I am.  There is a simple blueprint to winning in this league but to me its looking like he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is where I am.  There is a simple blueprint to winning in this league but to me its looking like he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Yep and  almost each week, the ‘smartest guy in the room’ stands at a podium and says 

we got outplayed.  We got outcoached. We got out hit. Credit to them’    

And by the way, that’s what we heard last year and high  probability,  it is what we hear in 2022

…. thats the coach with the 6 year 65 million dollar contract. Well done, Tepper.  Well done 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

I think the last few weeks have made us forget how much we loved Fitt. 

The coaching is bad. Really bad. I'm typically a patient guy with coaches but they all look inept. 

Also I really dont like the organizational structure of a coach over a GM. I think we need to clean house on the coaching staff and give authority to Fitt. 

• Pie 2

Not sure I understand the hate for Fitt on anything but the oline signings. 

The trade for Henderson is absolutely worth the pick. He was a top ten pick last year and we should be able to recoup a third or fourth comp pick, which essentially means we traded 20 or so draft positions and Dan Arnold for a former top ten talent from just a year ago. 

The Gilmore trade was a no brainer. 

Jones and Fox have been serviceable. 

Horn looked like a slam dunk before the injury. 

We can argue about the Darnold trade but the offenses performance this past Sunday alleviates some of the blame we laid on Darnold. We have a poorly ran offense behind the worst oline in football. It’s hard to judge anyone under center at the moment. 

Edited by bigdog10
  • Pie 5

9 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Not sure I understand the hate for Fitt on anything but the oline signings. 

The trade for Henderson is absolutely worth the pick. He was a top ten pick last year and we should be able to recoup a third or fourth comp pick, which essentially means we traded 20 or so draft positions and Dan Arnold for a former top ten talent from just a year ago. 

The Gilmore trade was a no brainer. 

Jones and Fox have been serviceable. 

Horn looked like a slam dunk before the injury. 

We can argue about the Darnold trade but the offenses performance this past Sunday alleviates some of the blame we laid on Darnold. We have a poorly ran offense behind the worst oline in football. It’s hard to judge anyone under center at the moment. 

Cons:

Bid against ourselves and paid a kings ransom for Sam Darnold

Pick up his 5th year option unnecessarily therefor tying us with him for 2 years

Extending Robbie Anderson.  I mean wtf was that?

Being cute in the draft and not addressing our main needs (QB, line) and letting talent slip by for a wr that we didnt need

Signing Erving and Elflein on day 1 hour 1 of free agency

Trading Perriman

Giving up more draft capital for a corner that is rumored to hate football and has played limited snaps and trading Darnolds safety valve in the process

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That description probably applies just as much to David Tepper as it does to Matt Rhule.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cons:

Pick up his 5th year option unnecessarily therefor tying us with him for 2 years

Being cute in the draft and not addressing our main needs (QB, line) and letting talent slip by for a wr that we didnt need

Trading Perriman

Giving up more draft capital for a corner that is rumored to hate football and has played limited snaps and trading Darnolds safety valve in the process

A lot of those have Matt Rhule's fingerprints on them. Arguably, most of them in one form or another...

The most obvious ones? Anderson getting extended before Moore screams Rhule. Likewise, we signed the OL guys we did because they were the kind of blocker Rhule wanted (versatility over ability).

It's really difficult to place major blame on a GM who's not actually in charge (something which again is the owner's fault).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 6

This isn't a bad roster. They just don't have professional guidance.

When you come into a locker room with guys who have played in Championship games and Superbowls even and you want THEM to buy in!? C'mon man, YOU need to buy in and learn the ropes from these guys and others in a way. You can't come in like your taking THEM to school. Dude, you just came from school. Humility over control dude, now look.

Teppers fault, yes, time for HIM to clean it up and bring in an NFL staff and stop thinking academia and analytics can defeat the NFL. You ain't schooling grown men. You have to lead them.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

This isn't a bad roster. They just don't have professional guidance.

When you come into a locker room with guys who have played in Championship games and Superbowls even and you want THEM to buy in!? C'mon man, YOU need to buy in and learn the ropes from these guys and others in a way. You can't come in like your taking THEM to school. Dude, you just came from school. Humility over control dude, now look.

Teppers fault, yes, time for HIM to clean it up and bring in an NFL staff and stop thinking academia and analytics can defeat the NFL. You ain't schooling grown men. You have to lead them.

I could easily argue this is one of the worst rosters in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I don't buy for a second that David Tepper has the first clue how to do that.

What he really needs to do is leave that job in the hands of somebody who does.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't buy for a second that David Tepper has the first clue how to do that.

What he really needs to do is leave that job in the hands of somebody who does.

Unfortunately we have to give him the opportunity to learn and correct.

Although many don't agree, Cam was a huge course correction on his part. 

He logically went back to square one, the first Rhule mistake and corrected it.

The smart thing to do to get this team going would be an NFL coach and FINALLY building the Oline, something we've been crying about for at least 10-20yrs.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Unfortunately we have to give him the opportunity to learn and correct.

Although many don't agree, Cam was a huge course correction on his part. 

He logically went back to square one, the first Rhule mistake and corrected it.

The smart thing to do to get this team going would be an NFL coach and FINALLY building the Oline, something we've been crying about for at least 10-20yrs.

Tepper needs to either put a coaching search in the hands of a consultant (someone like Kevin Colbert if he were to come available) or just trust Fitterer and Morgan to hire who they want (which is be fine with).

Unfortunately, while he's proven time and again that he doesn't know what he's doing, he still seems to think he does.

That's a really bad situation.

• Beer 3

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cons:

Trading Perriman

Also The Seahawks haven't drafted well at all since lucking out on Russel Wilson, and their O-line has always been an issue. DK fell into their laps but other than that their best pick was maybe Tyler Lockett in the 3rd round? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1