• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At the very least Rhule should lose personel decisions.

Zod

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. Too bad they didn't take Oline high the last couple drafts. A rookie might succeed if they had.

One Lance was gone, and Sewell too, I wanted us to trade back and take Slater.  Could you imagine if we had Slater and an extra day 2 pick this coming draft?  We could trade back, get another day 2 pick and still probably get Linderbaum.  That would have been Slater, Brown, Linderbaum, Christensen and Moton for next year. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

One Lance was gone, and Sewell too, I wanted us to trade back and take Slater.  Could you imagine if we had Slater and an extra day 2 pick this coming draft?  We cold trade back, get another day 2 pick and still probably get Linderbaum.  That would have been Slater, Christensen, Linderbaum, (hole) and Moton for next year. 

I would have taken Slater at 8 and been happy as can be. In the second round, I wouldn't have traded back and taken the best IOL available. Then repeated that in the third.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

He has basically been coach/gm in terms of talent acquisition.

It's obvious he sucks at it and that is a huge reason for the mess we are in.

If you aren't going to fire Rhule, then at least hand off all personel decisions to Fitterer and Morgan. 

I agree 100%.  I was hoping the headlines would read, "Rhule has been fired".  No such luck.

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

When do they ever get a stop with the game in the line ?

film  has made ole Phil pretty easy to Cusco around 

how many weeks have people been running at will on that left side AND he had a bye week to get it fixed and STILL couldn’t stop it 

Coming into the week, the Panthers were 6th in points allowed at 19.8 points per game. 

The defense is obviously flawed but it’s been good so far this season

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I would have taken Slater at 8 and been happy as can be. In the second round, I wouldn't have traded back and taken the best IOL available. Then repeated that in the third.

True, but that would have been a reach based on his value and ultimately where he was drafted.  Once the team decided Fields was not going to be the pick, we could have shopped the #8 pick instead of taking a corner.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

True, but that would have been a reach based on his value and ultimately where he was drafted.  Once the team decided Fields was not going to be the pick, we could have shopped the #8 pick instead of taking a corner.

They did and only the bears made an offer.  Trading back in the first is not as easy as just saying you are going to trade back.  It will/should take a kings ransom to move off of a top 10 pick. 

How would picking slater been a reach?  He is an all pro right now.  He has started from day 1.  There was never going to be an adjustment period for him.  He was always a plug and play left tackle.  Rhule and his dumb ass arm length fuged that up tremendously.   I never understand the BPA strategy or calling picks a reach etc.  If you scouted the player, if that position is a need and said player comes in and is productive how the fug is that a "reach".  Trust your scouting process. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. I did say I don't agree doing it, but I have a feeling they will regardless if Rhule is here or not.

I get that there are people who think a new quarterback is the answer to every problem.

But I'd also like to think several of us understand that's not really true.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't care about the "value". If the guy I want is there, I'll take him to make sure I get him.