• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upcoming Dilemna

DaveThePanther2008

We are one loss from tying our longest non-winning seasons. (09-12) and solidifying our spot at another top 10 pick.  Currently 8th.

The question is, what should be our primary target in the 2022 draft.  QB or LT?  I don't follow college football players as much as I do the teams, but it appears there are some really good offensive linemen available as well as some interesting QBs.

The problem is if we draft a QB than we are in the same boat as we were this year.  A really crappy line but, if we draft a LT than we don't have a QB to execute the offense.  The Darnold trade really kills the opportunity to get both in the first 2 rounds. 

I would probably take the top LT (ONLY LT) and run with Cam one more season hopefully finding a QB in 2023 or a later round QB that can be groomed.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If we Take an LT we need a QB other than Cam, because Cam just ain't it anymore. 

I mostly agree but other and trading for ANOTHER QB you are either going to have to ride with Cam or draft a 3rd rounder because our 2nd is gone. 

If you are going to draft a LT than get the best, use free agency to get top tier talent on the O-line and let Cam run the offense.   Focus on 2023 for a QB.  We'll have a full complement of draft picks to wheel and deal with. 

• Pie 6

LT, DE, QB. Depends on where the value falls. Top priority is QB, then LT, then DE with the 1st pick.

Without a great QB you can mark off winning the SB. Until we solve the QB problem we're basically spinning our wheels as far as winning championships is concerned. Had we tanked we would already have a great, but Rhule was convinced he needed to teach the Panthers players how to win in December. Yeah that happened.

The problem of our mediocre o-line has been making this fan base SICK. No one is buying tickets and this team is ass. The main culprit is the poop o-line and bad play calling. Brady is poop canned, and the worst o-linemen should be next.

A big DE who can hold up in the run and rush the passer at a high level, coupled with the return of Horn, would give us a dominant defense when rested.

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

There's always the Hurney factor to consider.

We know Rhule and Fitt are still learning on the job. Our only hope is that they have come to the conclusion that they need a great QB, not a p.o.s to craft into something.

Edited by pantherj

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I would probably take the top LT (ONLY LT) and run with Cam one more season hopefully finding a QB in 2023 or a later round QB that can be groomed.

I like the idea of a LT.  Honestly, Sam or PJ will do well with protection.  Cam will probably retire.  There's also QB's that can be picked up in free agency.