• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can We Fix The Offense in 2022?

chknwing

People say "no more retreads" at QB, but  no rookie is going to come and make things better. I think it can be fixed with a competent OC and a QB like Carr or JG. Draft mostly oline and pick up a few more in FA. The biggest change needs to at least be at OC. However we will always be held back from winning a championship with Rhule as HC.

Edited by KillerKat

On 12/14/2021 at 11:11 AM, Riverboat Ron said:

Kid with a crayon become head coach, we instantly win 3 more games.

Playcalling probably more creative that way.  Example - snap to Cam, he pretends to run instead he hands it off to Chubba then SHI is running a reverse. Pitch by Chubba to Shi.  Touchdowns.  JK.  But our offense has been so vanilla.  That needs to change.

23 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

So an interesting thing occurred this past Friday at my company xmas party I attended. We flew in all of our team members from all over the country... I often make jokes about the Panthers in social environments, including with my clients. 

Well turns out one of our newer employees in PA, is the son of a former coach at PSU (among other schools) that is now retired, who has known Matt Rhule since they were both volunteer assistants in '98 at PSU. 

I shared with him that the fan base is losing faith in Rhule, and he seems like the kind of guy who doesnt know what he is doing. The kid actually got rather defensive (he is not a panthers fan at all), and said that his father has shared a lot of stories about Rhule, and how many who have interacted with him have instantly respected him. Shared that players gravitate to Rhule and that he builds relationships while building programs. He stated that his father has been intrigued by the way the Panthers are run, but doesnt jump to any assumptions because as observers we have no idea what happens on the inside. He agreed with the moving on from Joe Brady, and that even at LSU Brady didnt have to pull together game plans. He was apart of them, but the curator. He said that Rhule was trying to help Brady "get there," but its evident to what happened. 

Lastly, his father stated that Rhule is a super humble person, and honestly thought he could build something with the same people he had before, but he expects Rhule to recover and make the necessary decisions this offseason to course correct. He also stated that no one knows how Tepper thinks, and ultimately that will be the decision make in the end. He did state that Tepper seems like the type that wants his investments to succeed.

This thread reminded me of this convo I had on Friday, just now came to me. Anyways dont shoot the messenger. 

That’s a lot of insight from a guy who doesn’t know how the panthers are run.