• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just play Barkley, PJ, or one of your other Temple/Baylor rejects. Cam doesn't deserve this.

Proudiddy

Just now, PantherKyle said:

The offensive line is horrendous, yes, but Cam isn’t that good anymore either. Let’s be real. 

I agree.  His short game is ok, and he can still run the ball.  But his arm is every bit as weak as it was when we cut him.  He just can't consistently throw it more than 15 or more yards with accuracy and hasn't been able to for a while.  

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

He would be good enough with better coaching and without the worst playbook in franchise history. 

This.  He's still a playoff-caliber, winning QB.  If the right things are in place, I still believe he is a Top 15 QB in the league.  But, as you said, this is a combination of horrible coaching, a pop warner playbook, and the worst OL we have ever had.

Every QB we've had under this staff has regressed to career worst days outside of PJ, and thats because he has only had 2 career starts.  It's clearly a problem that has nothing to do with the individual QBs themselves.  

Just now, Proudiddy said:

This.  He's still a playoff-caliber, winning QB.  If the right things are in place, I still believe he is a Top 15 QB in the league.  But, as you said, this is a combination of horrible coaching, a pop warner playbook, and the worst OL we have ever had.

Instead people are going to judge him off trying to ward off a defender while trying to bomb it to Moore and it was short.  The "His arm is too weak" line will keep circulating. 

• Flames 1

I’m closer to a Cam homer than a Cam hater by far….but the excuses defending him are hilarious. His numbers have been atrocious the last 3 games. It’s always someone else’s fault lmao. If Darnold put up these stats the excuses wouldn’t be there. (Not saying Darnold is better)

"I'm not a hater but...(insert worthless tribble)" has been a line used for the last 10 years.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Every QB we've had under this staff has regressed to career worst days outside of PJ, and thats because he has only had 2 career starts.  It's clearly a problem that has nothing to do with the individual QBs themselves.  

He's lost 12 straight starts as the QB for the Panthers.

He's washed. I'm sorry you can't see that. He's as much of a problem as any other player on the Offence.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Top 15 QB? I love Cam as much as the next guy but that's just delusional. Unfortunately Cam is a shell of his former self. His deep ball is completely non-existent and allows defenses to crowd the box. He's still decent at grinding yards out on the ground but as a passer he's terrible. I understand our offensive line is dog poo but even still his numbers are putrid.

I’m closer to a Cam homer than a Cam hater by far….but the excuses defending him are hilarious. His numbers have been atrocious the last 3 games. It’s always someone else’s fault lmao. If Darnold put up these stats the excuses wouldn’t be there. (Not saying Darnold is better)

Cam isn't what he used to be but he's still the most talented QB we have on the roster.  Darnold did put up these stats and worse...  he played an entire game without gaining a single first down.  

And as many have said, now that we've seen this offense with 3 different guys who have played in other systems and in other organizations, and all 3 have regressed, it's clear the excuses are valid.  No QB can excel under this staff with this line.  Period.

7 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I couldn’t agree more

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Top 15 QB? I love Cam as much as the next guy but that's just delusional. Unfortunately Cam is a shell of his former self. His deep ball is completely non-existent and allows defenses to crowd the box. He's still decent at grinding yards out on the ground but as a passer he's terrible. I understand our offensive line is dog poo but even still his numbers are putrid.

Go back and watch his games against Houston and Seattle last year.  He still has the arm.  The defenses are crowding the box, not because of his arm, but because they know we don't have time to throw.  They were doing the same thing against Darnold.

I know Cam isn't what he was since the injury, but he is still plenty good enough.  Counting his ability as a runner, and with these receivers, if he had any semblance of an OL and good coaches, then yes, I absolutely stand by my assertion that he could still be a Top 15 QB.  It wouldn't be hard.  The coaches and OL are just that bad.

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He's lost 12 straight starts as the QB for the Panthers.

He's washed. I'm sorry you can't see that. He's as much of a problem as any other player on the Offence.

Nope.  I don't agree.

We've seen the same poo happen with 3 different QBs in this system with this staff now.  It makes all of them look worse.

• Pie 3