• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers first round lock.

Zod

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I never said 5-10 spots. The way that the order is coming together, you shouldnt have to trade back far.  I thought I stated "2-3 spots." I will go back and edit if I made an error there.

It literally just happened last year... Jaylen Waddle.... #6 pick. Non QB. 

Also, here are other years where teams traded into the top 6ish for non QBs:
1. 2018 Browns Denzel Ward (4th overall)
2. 2014 Bills for Sammy Watkins (4th overall)
3. 2014 Browns traded up to the 8th spot for Justin Gilbert
4. 2013 Dolphins for Dion Jordan (3rd overall)
5. 2013 Rams for Tavon Austin (8th overall)

Bonus: 2017 49ers and Bears swapped spots in the top 5 (QB)DL)

to answer your questions: The last time this happened, last year, and this has happened 7 times in the last 9 seasons.

So there is reason to be optimistic that this could possibly happen for us, especially with the way Fitterer worked the phone last year.

Some of those picks, like the first one Ward in 2018 were made pre draft for other players.   Watkins and Austin look like legit trade up for specific players

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Some of those picks, like the first one Ward in 2018 were made pre draft for other players.   Watkins and Austin look like legit trade up for specific players

ah okay, yeah I missed on Denzel Ward there, forgot he was part of the Deshaun Watson trade. The rest should be accurate. My bad.

We can also add the Julio Jones trade as well, but that goes back a long time ago.

Edited by TheCasillas

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I will say Pickett is probably the best of a pretty weak QB lot.

Still haven't looked at the WKU kid, though. Maybe I will sit down and do that tomorrow.

I havent got to deep dive yet but so far I agree even though I think Ridder from Cinci flashes a lot of potential too and you dont hear too much about him yet.

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I havent got to deep dive yet but so far I agree even though I think Ridder from Cinci flashes a lot of potential too and you dont hear too much about him yet.

Ridder is so sugar or poo. He has a decent NFL toolkit but his inconsistency is maddening. Similar to Howell in that he has a laundry list of mechanical issues to iron out.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ridder is so sugar or poo. He has a decent NFL toolkit but his inconsistency is maddening. Similar to Howell in that he has a laundry list of mechanical issues to iron out.

I wanted Ridder in the 2nd round last year - type of talent you take a bit of a flier on.

Wouldn't like to spend a 1st rounder on him.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we retain Rhule and draft Kenny Pickett... that's it. I'm done. Tepper will have bought a mediocre NFL franchise that had occasionally flirted with greatness and turned it into an absolute fuging laughing stock and NFL doormat. There would just be no point in continuing to follow this trainwreck.

LOL...Bro...you need to get on some prozac and share with me.... relax..we not gonna be relevant till 25...maybe.

Edited by Pimpdaddy