• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What draft picks do we have left?

ThPantherFan

I'll bet Fitterer trades back from our high first and picks up and additional 2nd or 3rd, if not more.  That's his modus operandi.  

If it were up to me, I'd stand pat in the first and take a blue-chip LT.  Just permanently fix a serious problem on the OL.  

The Houston 4th will be top of that round so a C or G should be available.  Last season the Falcons drafted a C at 4-9 and he's currently competing to start.  So you can find good interior linemen at that point of the draft. 

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

You know, I was on the fence about Rhule being fired until I just saw those draft picks on paper. That is freaking ridiculous. 

The pattern of trades is clear evidence that Rhule was not rebuilding but was trying to win right now.  He was trading away future picks for players who will help this season.   

It's the total opposite strategy of trying to build up the team for the future, which is what he should have been doing.  

• Beer 4

Yeah I stand pat and take bpa on the board instead of that craziness last draft.

i’d consider next years 3rd bundled with Sam if that get us out of majority the cap hit he brings next year, and use that money to fill some other positions of need in FA(granted I haven’t taken a look)

I know the above is a pipe dream but desperate times call for desperate measures 

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah I stand pat and take bpa on the board instead of that craziness last draft.

i’d consider next years 3rd bundled with Sam if that get us out of majority the cap hit he brings next year, and use that money to fill some other positions of need in FA(granted I haven’t taken a look)

I know the above is a pipe dream but desperate times call for desperate measures 

No trading away future picks.   This team has a lot of guys on rookie deals so cap space is not a huge problem.   Just eat the 18M for Darnold and move on.   The salary is only for one year.   Then those $$ come off the cap for 2023.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

No trading away future picks.   This team has a lot of guys on rookie deals so cap space is not a huge problem.   Just eat the 18M for Darnold and move on.   The salary is only for one year.   Then those $$ come off the cap for 2023.  

I’m assuming Rhule is gone this year and a new coach is brought in, I don’t want him handcuffed to Sam because of Rhule, a 3rd is the most I’d give up since I expect us to get a few comp picks next year with guys like donte, Gilmore etc possibly leaving.

with a new coach there’s no need to waste a season trotting Sam out there again.