• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

10 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

If they threw in an extra 4th, I'd take that. Draft a QB in the middle of round 1 then take Offensive Line in rounds 2-5. I think Darnold is a likeable guy and I still think he has potential, but we can absolutely not go into next year with just him and PJ again. We needed to have someone we can turn to if and when Sam starts to fall off a cliff again. 

Pitts last 10 drafts have an avg position of 20.  With the high being 10.  The rest are back there.  Trading the 6 pick for a couple of mid to late round firsts would be some panther stupidity

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I have a feeling we’re gonna be picking top ten again next year. So a top ten pick plus a mid round first would be great with a new staff imo. I get it though. 

I think without a shadow of a doubt we will be top 10 no matter who we pick at 6/7.  Especially if Rhule is back as it appears.  So that is why you take the tackle now and hope a couple of super qb prospects emerge for us to go get. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think without a shadow of a doubt we will be top 10 no matter who we pick at 6/7.  Especially if Rhule is back as it appears.  So that is why you take the tackle now and hope a couple of super qb prospects emerge for us to go get. 

I’m gonna guess they’re gonna sign a legit LT in FA. If they don’t then yeah maybe they will go LT with the pick. If not trade back draft the center from Iowa and get that additional first for next year. Then we could package those for a qb next year if need be.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pitts last 10 drafts have an avg position of 20.  With the high being 10.  The rest are back there.  Trading the 6 pick for a couple of mid to late round firsts would be some panther stupidity

I'd be cool with us trading back anywhere to 12-15. We simply have too many holes to fill with not enough cap space or draft capital for us to fill them. The hope is that Tepper is going to fire Rhule and bring Cam back. I'd like to see Cam with a full offseason and camp, new offensive Line and NFL level coaching could do. 

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They don’t have a qb and I doubt a rookie they draft will come in and be successful day 1. Ben is done.

I’m gonna guess they’re gonna sign a legit LT in FA. If they don’t then yeah maybe they will go LT with the pick. If not trade back draft the center from Iowa and get that additional first for next year. Then we could package those for a qb next year if need be.

Legit LT rarely ever hit FA and if one was to this year then we would have to break the bank to get him here.  For fugs sake I am going to say this until April, invest a high pick on a tackle for the first time in over a decade.  Thats how you build nfl playoff lines

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Legit LT rarely ever hit FA and if one was to this year then we would have to break the bank to get him here.  For fugs sake I am going to say this until April, invest a high pick on a tackle for the first time in over a decade.  Thats how you build nfl playoff lines

So if we signed someone like Terron Armstead you wouldn’t change your mind? I’m not saying we should do this I’m saying I see this staff on the hot seat not wanting to wait for a rookie LT to develop. Not hedging their bets on it.

So if we signed someone like Terron Armstead you wouldn’t change your mind? I’m not saying we should do this I’m saying I see this staff on the hot seat not wanting to wait for a rookie LT to develop. Not hedging their bets on it.

If NO lets him walk, which I seriously doubt, and if we got him on a reasonable deal I would be happy.  But I doubt he is going to come here without an insane deal. 

https://whodatdish.com/2021/12/30/new-orleans-saints-terron-armstead-free-agency/

He is looking at a 4 year 95 million deal.  Thats insane when we can simply draft one at 6

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The center from Iowa is getting picked top 10 in every mock draft I’ve seen. We might as well take him or a Tackle at 6/7 and come out of this with someone that can help us. 

• Pie 4