• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Have A Top 5 Draft Pick On Line This Week. What Needs To Happen

KatsAzz

22 minutes ago, t96 said:

How does losing get us closer?

gets us a higher caliber player a shot at "a true investment" on the offensive line that rhule is speaking about. Picking outside 5 doesnt get you Neal which is what the best case situation is. It's the difference between us having Sewell and us having another corner...

18 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I realize Neal,the Alabama offensive tackle, is rated high but almost all NFL Pro Scouts have him projected as a  playing Right Tackle in the NFL, the only offensive line postion we presently have covered.

Plus, i am not sure how long he could play injury free, considering all the stress his his vast amount of weight puts on his knees,etc..

My guess is the Panthers will try trading back to obtain more draft choices. There should be several good offensive tackles and a top center available to select  from, if the Panthers don't trade back to far.             

Well then If you feel that way what would you have us do? trading down isnt likely. Neal is the best offensive lineman in the draft if you wanna consider the center ok... but Its him or a defensive player probably

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The SOS can fluctuate--I wonder if Ellis factored that into his prognosis?  For example, the Jets SOS is .515 and the Panthers is .507--a difference of .008.  Is it not possible for the Jets' SOS to drop and the Panthers' SOS to increase during week 18?  The Jets could then win and the Panthers then lose and the Jets would not drop below the Panthers. 

I guess I am not sure how much these SOS numbers can fluctuate during the final week of the season.

Since this is the 18th week the SOS should be locked in and he undoubtly took that in consideration when he wrote  : "The Panthers’ .507 SOS is worse than the Giants (.537) and the Jets (.515)"

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The SOS can fluctuate--I wonder if Ellis factored that into his prognosis?  For example, the Jets SOS is .515 and the Panthers is .507--a difference of .008.  Is it not possible for the Jets' SOS to drop and the Panthers' SOS to increase during week 18?  The Jets could then win and the Panthers then lose and the Jets would not drop below the Panthers. 

I guess I am not sure how much these SOS numbers can fluctuate during the final week of the season.

SOS fluctuates but in the last week you are going to see VERY minor swings. 0.008 is probably asking way too much.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

gets us a higher caliber player a shot at "a true investment" on the offensive line that rhule is speaking about. Picking outside 5 doesnt get you Neal which is what the best case situation is. It's the difference between us having Sewell and us having another corner...

We have more than enough holes that picking 4, 5 or 6 really doesn't matter. If Rhule is involved in making the pick there's a good chance it's a bust anyways. If not, I trust Fitterer/new HC to pick the right player at any of those 3 slots. And realistically NYG and NYJ are not winning next week so it won't matter one bit and we'll be picking 6 win or lose. So let's fuging kick their pansy asses.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

maybe the jets and giants will catch the other team resting starters?

Buffalo and NE are both 10-6 and split the season series, so Buffalo needs to win in order to win the division otherwise they'd be going on the road (likely to the Chiefs) if they lose to the Jets. They'll be gunning for that W.

Giants and Washington are both eliminated from playoff contention so not much motivation for either side really besides pride.

43 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Well then If you feel that way what would you have us do? trading down isnt likely. Neal is the best offensive lineman in the draft if you wanna consider the center ok... but Its him or a defensive player probably

Most draft boards project that Alabama OT Evan Neal will not get past the New York Giants picking at #5.

giantsb_logo.gif  # 5 New York Giants: Evan Neal, OT/G, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
Andrew Thomas struggled to begin his career. He has improved, but right tackle is a big problem because Nate Solder is a shell of his former self.

Evan Neal is a 360-pound lineman who can move very well, which almost seems impossible.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

We have more than enough holes that picking 4, 5 or 6 really doesn't matter. If Rhule is involved in making the pick there's a good chance it's a bust anyways. If not, I trust Fitterer/new HC to pick the right player at any of those 3 slots. And realistically NYG and NYJ are not winning next week so it won't matter one bit and we'll be picking 6 win or lose. So let's fuging kick their pansy asses.

What do you Mean it doesn't matter it always matter. Having an elite solution at a spot even if it's one is the difference between say Taylor Moton and the rest of serviceable options. You saying players doesn't matter for some moral victory in a 5-11 season is laughable.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Most draft boards project that Alabama OT Evan Neal will not get past the New York Giants picking at #5.

giantsb_logo.gif  # 5 New York Giants: Evan Neal, OT/G, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
Andrew Thomas struggled to begin his career. He has improved, but right tackle is a big problem because Nate Solder is a shell of his former self.

Evan Neal is a 360-pound lineman who can move very well, which almost seems impossible.

Which is why I said picking outside 5 doesn't get you Neal.we don't need some moral victory and need a little help from others.

• Pie 1