• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Kenny Pickett is a 1 year wonder  1 year younger the Sam Darnold.. It took him 5 years to have that 1 good year.. In most years with good QB prospects he would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.. 

This would be a horrible pick for us for many reasons.. Beyond the major red flags of hes older his arm isn't elite, he is a okay athlete and it took him 5 years to be a draft worthy prospect..

1. The coaching staff that might be doing the pick..

2. Picking  him eliminates adding day 1 starting talent for the Oline..

3. Since he is not a great prospect.. Like a Lawrence, Wison , Lance or Fields.. Yours forcing a QB on your next coaching hire he might not want..

So was Joe Burrow. This argument is bad, move on. Do not counter with Joe Burrow was highly recruited, so were many garbage QBs. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you don't agree that's cool keep it pushing then. It isn't my fault these decision makers folks here previously fawned over thought it was a good idea to go all defense one draft then corner the first pick on the next and then proceed to stockpile more corners. We have to take a qb this year or next regardless of the oline. Direct your ire where it belongs.

I get your point.  If you state what you think the team might do and get attacked--there is obviously some confusion surrounding the points of view.  I see this a lot.  I think the Panthers will take a QB but I would rather see a different strategy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I get your point.  If you state what you think the team might do and get attacked--there is obviously some confusion surrounding the points of view.  I see this a lot.  I think the Panthers will take a QB but I would rather see a different strategy.

I would be fine with oline but as I stated previously I get the feeling many here might pull a 180 if a QB we again pass up looks good for another team. And some think they can see into the future and know in January that this QB class is doomed to fail. We all want instant gratification but this process is going to drag out for awhile longer no matter what we do.

• Pie 1

Regarding the prospect himself and not this whole OL vs. QB mentality, one of my favorite takes from a report/eval:

One of my favorite components of Pickett’s glow up in 2021 is that it didn’t come with cheap production. Pickett was tasked with being a progression-style passer and he worked them, showcasing good anticipatory skills and the ability to exhaust progressions. His comfort surveying the field and letting it rip is impressive. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

So was Joe Burrow. This argument is bad, move on. Do not counter with Joe Burrow was highly recruited, so were many garbage QBs. 

Yes let's name the 1 example where that worked out. By the same reasoning let's draft a 6th round QB and hope we get Tom Brady...

Reality check..

Will Grier had a better college career then Pickett..

Edited by WOW!!

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yes let's name the 1 example where that worked out. By the same reasoning let's draft a 6th round QB and hope we get Tom Brady...

So you use one example twice to defend your point but you attack a counter example that features one example while falsely stating that it is the only example where "that worked out."  You have a dizzying intellect.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, davos said:

Fair enough.  So no to being worth it? (and no other QBs in R1 for ya?)

Absolutely NO!!  If we can't get a trade down let's Atleast get a day 1 start talent at a position of need. Before we go a day without a pick..

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So you use one example twice to defend your point but you attack a counter example that features one example while falsely stating that it is the only example where "that worked out."  You have a dizzying intellect.

Name me another few QB's other then Burrows.. Where that was a winning strategy then I'll shut up..

Don't worry I'll wait..

But facts are Will Grier was a better Prospect coming out and had more years of college production and he was barely a 3rd round pick..