• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt says he has no reason to think he won’t be back

mc52beast

Just listened to his presser, won’t bore you with the usual BS.

Dave Newton asked him about his job status. Matt said there have been no talks about his job , only about what needs to be done this off-season to improve the team.

Just like Jason, Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers Matt Rhule will be back.

• Pie 4

Given Tepper's lack of football IQ this is honestly probably true tbh. He has no reason to think Tepper knows WTF he's doing outside of hedge funds which is why his Used Car Sales pitch worked on Tepper...gotta remember its Rhule who gamed Tepper

I mean no one knows this more than Rhule himself

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I mean he's not going to say that or does he really care. He gets paid 70 million either way. That's why you don't do dumb poo like that as an owner and why tepper is embarrassed. Just like him forcing Rhule to find a flashy OC. 

Really wish a beat writer would find out if Rhule has a standard offset clause in his contract 

• Beer 2

Does anybody think Rhule goes home and actually worries about how poor of a job he’s done or whether he’ll be let go. He’s one of those guys who always got paid and somehow made it while performing crap work. I’m sure we’ve all known those type of  guys. People are bemoaning about whether we will be stuck with him another year worried how long of a dark stretch we will have to endure while that dude went home, took a nice turd after 6 burritos, and kicked back laughing.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I can’t imagine Fitterer is an advocate for Rhule. 

Probably not but just hearing Rhules pressers and poo it honestly does sound like Rhule knows the buzz words and wanna be progressive bullshit that Tepper likes to hear. I mean fug he sold his way to lots of millions so there's that. 

I mean how many sub par college coaches who never won poo there either played a Billionaire like this. Mayhaps we have Rhule all wrong....maybe he's the greatest hustler the world has ever seen.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Really wish a beat writer would find out if Rhule has a standard offset clause in his contract 

The way I understood it and could just be made up was he got 30 million guaranteed of the 62 million and paid salary counted towards the guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Almost sure it's not there. 

If not, Tepper is a joke owner.  No way you would give an unproven coach like Rhule that type contract and not have an offset clause in it.  

it’s pretty basic.   

just goes to show just because you are hyper successful in one aspect of life….it doesn’t mean you are universally good at everything.  That’s massive mistake by Tepper.   They are compounding.   Overpay Rhule.  Don’t have an offset clause.  Feel forced to watch a mistake continue because of your dumb move. 

• Pie 3