• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami no longer in for Watson

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, t96 said:

9 sacks in 17 games and trash against the run, how he made the pro bowl I have no idea. He's got a ton of potential still as a pass rusher but if he can be the centerpiece in a trade for an MVP caliber QB you trade him in a heartbeat.

I mean, worst-case scenario you give up the No. 1 overall pick for a QB who won't be cleared to play.

Best-case scenario, you give up your best offensive and defensive player for a QB who gets sacked and destroys his knee in Week 2.

Sign me up!

21 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Didnt Tom Brady just do this? Saved the coach's career as well. 

Bucs broke a ton of records (not good ones) the year before Brady came. They went out and got o-line talent and Brady in the same offseason. Arians went from all but fired, to a super bowl winning coach.....

The Bucs were at least competitive even with Jameis. I don't even like Arians but he is a hall of fame coach compared to our current staff. It was so bad even Teddy Bridgewater correctly called them out.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure I buy this conclusion.

Stephen Ross was reported to have wanted Watson pretty badly, but insisted on him getting his lawsuits settled. The trade fell through when four of his accusers declined to do so.

I'm not sure firing Brian Flores changes how Ross feels.

It doesn’t make sense anyway. Why would Flores want him to the degree of getting fired over it. 

Speaking of...

I wasn't necessarily a huge fan of Brian Flores prior to this year, and definitely not at the start of this season when they went 1-7, but good grief the man coached his ass off to close out this season and make the team competitive again.

Is that not something worth a little loyalty?

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Didnt Tom Brady just do this? Saved the coach's career as well. 

Bucs broke a ton of records (not good ones) the year before Brady came. They went out and got o-line talent and Brady in the same offseason. Arians went from all but fired, to a super bowl winning coach.....

I don't think you are giving enough credit to how close the Bucs were to being a good team before Brady got there...and how much Mr. Crablegs had to do with the fact that they didn't make the playoffs.

Brady made a brilliant move because he went to a team that was perceived to be worse than it really was.  And they were a QB away from competing.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I looked on the PSL resale site and it's a ton of listings. Dark days

Listings for seats/PSL's available for sale are actually lower than 2-months ago.

date/#listings/#seats

Novy 7 > 640 > 1,625

Novy 9 > 648 > 1,646  (peak, Cam signed)

Dec 6 > 617 > 1,529

Dec 28 > 597 > 1,468  (floor 1, Rhule retained)

Dec 29 > 609 > 1,501

Jan 3 > 593 > 1,451  (floor 2)  

Jan 4 > 626 > 1,542  (BIG* jump, Gone Guys?)

Jan 7 > 632 > 1,557  (2022 peak 2)

Jan 10 > 624 > 1,533 

For perspective, a 2014 Axios article cited 1,700 PSL-seats available and a 2015 article by the same folks cited 2,300 PSL-seats available.

Conclusion:  Despite all the carping and gnashing of teeth by the Gone Guys, there is nothing in the PSL marketplace to indicate any sort of behavioral sea-change by PSL holders who are the bedrock of the Panthers business plan.

*seems likely the big jump is a corporate customer of some sort dumping a large block of seats.