• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Game Thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yeah I bet having 100 titles already makes it easier to handle 

Haha. I joked with my Georgia buddy that I would use one of my 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, or 2020 National Champion t-shirts to dry my tears. In all seriousness though, I enjoy the wins and try not to let the losses affect me at all. It is just a game after all. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

I hope so. No excuses from me though. Georgia just brought it the whole 60 minutes tonight. Bama brought it for about 51 minutes. 

I heard Sabin after the game, talking to Smart--and he was sincere and humble and it was genuine.  I think he told Smart, "God Bless you."  He was smiling and almost happy that his understudy was feeling what he has felt 7 times.  I have new respect for Sabin. Class Act.  (And I am a Gamecock fan, so I have no dog in the fight.   Too soon?)

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I heard Sabin after the game, talking to Smart--and he was sincere and humble and it was genuine.  I think he told Smart, "God Bless you."  He was smiling and almost happy that his understudy was feeling what he has felt 7 times.  I have new respect for Sabin. Class Act.  (And I am a Gamecock fan, so I have no dog in the fight.   Too soon?)

People love to talk trash about Saban, but I think he is truly in coaching to help people achieve the highest level of success they can achieve.

Look at some of the players who have come out of Bama but went on to fail miserably in the NFL (Rolando McLain, Trent Richardson, Rueben Foster, etc).  While at Bama, Saban helped those men achieve success, but it was something they could not sustain once they left Bama. I think that says something for the program Saban runs. 

Then look at all the retread coaches he brings in. Kiffin, Butch Davis, Bill O’Brien, and many more. Yes, he brings them in because he thinks they can help his program. But he also brings them in with the knowledge that if he does help them turn it around, they will be moving on. 

I think what you saw there at the en md was true happiness for someone Saban thinks extremely highly of and someone who Saban is happy to see win a championship, because Saban knows how hard Kirby worked to get to where he is. 

• Pie 2

Sure, it was overhyped, overproduced spectacle. But at its heart, this was the story of a quarterback ascending from obscurity to the mountaintop, and a fanbase that had watched all its rivals enjoy success finally indulging in its own. That’s exactly what sports are all about. Congrats, once again, to the Dawgs.

• Pie 2