• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Great QB Experiment

Zod

Look, I'm not fan of Sam Darnold either.  He sucks.

But of course the HC and GM are going to express support for him.  Why?  Because it quite frankly makes the most sense to stick with him in 2022.  We made a dumb error of committing $18m to him.  None of the QBs are worth drafting where we're picking.  So the only way you move on is if you are able to swing a trade for one of the top QBs.  But there is no guarantee that is going to happen.  So why throw your QB under the bus before you have to?

That is what we did with Teddy last year, and it is probably the biggest reason we had to trade him.  Otherwise you keep Teddy and never make the horrendous Darnold trade.  Right now we need stop doubling down on mistakes.  You stick with Darnold unless you can secure Watson or one of the other young elites.  And even if you get Watson you're gonna probably need Darnold for 6-10 games next year.

21 hours ago, Mage said:

Look, I'm not fan of Sam Darnold either.  He sucks.

But of course the HC and GM are going to express support for him.  Why?  Because it quite frankly makes the most sense to stick with him in 2022.  We made a dumb error of committing $18m to him.  None of the QBs are worth drafting where we're picking.  So the only way you move on is if you are able to swing a trade for one of the top QBs.  But there is no guarantee that is going to happen.  So why throw your QB under the bus before you have to?

That is what we did with Teddy last year, and it is probably the biggest reason we had to trade him.  Otherwise you keep Teddy and never make the horrendous Darnold trade.  Right now we need stop doubling down on mistakes.  You stick with Darnold unless you can secure Watson or one of the other young elites.  And even if you get Watson you're gonna probably need Darnold for 6-10 games next year.

I don't see how Rhule keeps his job if he sticks with Darnold next year. I don't know if Fitterer is tied to Rhule or not.