• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

Hate away but I agree with Rhule that Slater was an OG fit. Yea he just made all-pro and now that looks wrong. I still believe within 5 years he will kick inside to OG, no issue will admitting Im wrong if it doesnt happen. Slater is an workout machine and he has the tools to over-come, see were he is in a few seasons..

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Hate away but I agree with Rhule that Slater was an OG fit. Yea he just made all-pro and now that looks wrong. I still believe within 5 years he will kick inside to OG, no issue will admitting Im wrong if it doesnt happen. Slater is an workout machine and he has the tools to over-come, see were he is in a few seasons..

Funny part half the scouting and Draft analysts felt the same way.. And now have egg on their face .. But will fake outraged when a coach say the exact same thing..lol

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Funny part half the scouting and Draft analysts felt the same way.. And now have egg on their face .. But will fake outraged when a coach say the exact same thing..lol

I dont get why the rage(ok I get it) is off the charts when Horn was the higher graded player. Yes they need OL, but they thought Slater was an OG. Unless its Larry Allen 2.4 or QNelson re-enters the draft, you dont spend the 8th overall pick on a OG. CB >>>> OG all day in this passing league. Horn looked the part and played the part. Wish he made it though the whole season and I bet no one would care given his elite play. Most rookie CBs take years to "figure" it out, horn looked like a five year pro thats made the pro-bowl a couple times. Even teams didnt throw to his side, the most respect a rookie CB can get. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Gtfo with this nonsense 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont get why the rage(ok I get it) is off the charts when Horn was the higher graded player. Yes they need OL, but they thought Slater was an OG. Unless its Larry Allen 2.4 or QNelson re-enters the draft, you dont spend the 8th overall pick on a OG. CB >>>> OG all day in this passing league. Horn looked the part and played the part. Wish he made it though the whole season and I bet no one would care given his elite play. Most rookie CBs take years to "figure" it out, horn looked like a five year pro thats made the pro-bowl a couple times. Even teams didnt throw to his side, the most respect a rookie CB can get. 

It's crazy and if we brought back receipts half this board would look just like Rhule because most if not all Loved the Horn pick that night... And to be truly honest the ppl who wanted a different player wanted Fields!! Not Slater or Parsons... 

Plain and Simple Horn and Surtain were rated higher then Slater..And Cb was a needed position..

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You guys should be mad about taking DBrown over Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, and Tristan Wirfs. They had legit OT profiles. 

I'm still happy we took him over Becton and Wills... Now Wirfs I can be sold on... But again Brown was the highest rated player at a position we needed at that time.. We only had a injury prone KK on the roster at that time..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

It's crazy and if we brought back receipts half this board would look just like Rhule because most if not all Loved the Horn pick that night... And to be truly honest the ppl who wanted a different player wanted Fields!! Not Slater or Parsons... 

Plain and Simple Horn and Surtain were rated higher then Slater..And Cb was a needed position..

1927793091_tenor(2).gif.817e45a8f58735844b391f63a0ddadc2.gif

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm still happy we took him over Becton and Wills... Now Wirfs I can be sold on... But again Brown was the highest rated player at a position we needed at that time.. We only had a injury prone KK on the roster at that time..

Becton does have issues, but right now if the jets called and offered him for Brown, 100% yes. He was looking like the leagues first 500 LB player for a time....

Wills is on the best OL in the league and gets no love. Hes legit

31 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

To be fair to Rhule, everyone in that room co-signed that list and the decision to go CB or WR if Sewell was gone. 

Yes that is correct. Matt Rhule said today that he doesn’t sit in the tower making every decision. He says that people have input and he’s one of the voices that provides input. He also said that a majority needs to be in favor of a pick. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Basbear said:

Becton does have issues, but right now if the jets called and offered him for Brown, 100% yes. He was looking like the leagues first 500 LB player for a time....

Wills is on the best OL in the league and gets no love. Hes legit

Becton looks like Otah right now and the knee and leg problems for a man that big scares me.. If the Jets take a OT in this draft we will have a idea about his Medicals..

I like Willis.. But again if we go back and not use Hindsight 20/20.. We had nothing at DT when we made that pick..

Remember Poe, McCoy, Butler, Addison and Irving all gone.. All we had was Burns, Haynes and KK.. We needed to draft Dlinmen.. And Brown was the highest rated Dlinmen on the board..

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Becton looks like Otah right now and the knee and leg problems for a man that big scares me.. If the Jets take a OT in this draft we will have a idea about his Medicals..

I like Willis.. But again if we go back and not use Hindsight 20/20.. We had nothing at DT when we made that pick..

Remember Poe, McCoy, Butler, Addison and Irving all gone.. All we had was Burns, Haynes and KK.. We needed to draft Dlinmen.. And Brown was the highest rated Dlinmen on the board..

Panthers had soooo many needs. In my book NT/whatever Brown plays << legit LT. That changes if its 3tech in the darold/jones/buckner profile, which brown was not. 

I got no issue with Brown. Didnt like he took a step back this year, when this team had a huge need for him to create havoc. He not the difference maker and having a young LT on a rookie contract would be. Im not ready to close the brown book, just like the panthers, he let me down big time(I spoke highly that he would be a beast this year during pre-season). 

Panthers STILL need OL and DL.... and we were talking about this in 2020, ugh.....

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1