• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher Turns Down Bills Job - Waits for season end

PeteRozelle

Even though he live here in NC, it still doesn't mean he would like to coach here. He probably want to coach a bigger market team than Panthers. Why else he never mention about wanting to coach them? I just can't see Cowher ever wanting to coach here, even if he live here. Marty live here as well & he is retired. Even if JR give Marty a lot of money, he'll still turn it down.

Even though he live here in NC, it still doesn't mean he would like to coach here. He probably want to coach a bigger market team than Panthers. Why else he never mention about wanting to coach them? I just can't see Cowher ever wanting to coach here, even if he live here. Marty live here as well & he is retired. Even if JR give Marty a lot of money, he'll still turn it down.

Players like bigger markets, Coaches Don't. There isn't one benefit to coaching in a larger market. JR will pay Cowher if he wants him. I think that is exactly what he is waiting for. Look at it this way. He was the coach when the Panthers 1st came in the league. It is also well know that JR wanted the Panthers to be modeled after Pittsburgh. This team is built much like Pittsburgh (minus a better passing game) Solid defense (needs some tweaking) Good Running game. Cowher comes in and he doesn't have to draft and start over. He will have alot of components already in place. I think he jumps right on it IF Fox is fired.

One other thing. That might be the last straw to get some of the Steeler fans in Carolina that didn't convert when Carolina became a franchise.

Go Panthers

Archived