• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

10 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hmmm, they can’t make their mind up lol.

Imagine going through a whole set of coaching interviews, being down to three finalists, then deciding you don't like any of them and going after somebody else instead.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Houston Texans 😆

• Pie 6

Now this...

The Jaguars, Giants and Texans were all 50 Shades of Dog Sh-t last season, yet Pep Hamilton was willing to interview with the Giants, is willing to stick with the Texans and might now be willing to interview with the Jaguars...

...but not the Panthers.

Oy 😖

I wonder if those three teams have something in common that the Panthers don't 🤔

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Now this...

The Jaguars, Giants and Texans were all 50 Shades of Dog Sh-t last season, yet Pep Hamilton was willing to interview with the Giants, is willing to stick with the Texans and might now be willing to interview with the Jaguars...

...but not the Panthers.

Oy 😖

I wonder if those three teams have something in common that the Panthers don't 🤔

I think they will all get 2+ years of work, while the Panthers staff is on the perceived hot seat… however, nobody with knowledge or credibility has said Rhule is on a hot seat. The angry mob of witch hunting fans, as well as highly inept journalists like Joe Person stir up ideas by quoting ghosts, taking statements out of context, and asking execs and evaluators with a 30,000 ft view. 

Pep is interviewing and so far hasn’t been hired for the jobs he’s interviewed for. Shame. Maybe would have been the same here. 

17 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hell I don’t see how u hire someone that u have to teach to be a head coach. That makes literally no sense

the HC is hiring someone to basically give his staff training.  Lot of coaches are older and probably aren't all up to speed on all the latest tech.   I mean, it's teaching to a large degree.   Probably a good idea to give your coaching staff (teachers) some continuing education to keep with tech and new generations. 

or I guess he could just go down to kinkos and make a DBO sign

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I dunno about that. He had a winning record as a HC for the bears. He got fired after a 10-6 season. Coach of the year, super bowl appearance. Winning record 5 out of 9 seasons in a very tough nfc north division at the time. It’s actually kind of odd he hasn’t gotten another shot. Unless he just doesn’t want to be a HC anymore.

5-11

11-5

13-3

7-9

9-7

7-9

11-5

8-8

10-6

He started off hot with the Bears (proof it actually doesn't take 7 years), but was middling after the 13-3 season only really showing two more seasons of 10 and 11 wins.  While he wasn't horrible with the Bears, Lovie bombed in Tampa and the same at the college level.

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He started off hot with the Bears (proof it actually doesn't take 7 years), but was middling after the 13-3 season only really showing two more seasons of 10 and 11 wins.  While he wasn't horrible with the Bears, Lovie bombed in Tampa and the same at the college level.

He took over a horrible Greg schiano roster and gutted it. Similar to what we did in 2020. Went 2-14 drafted jameis then went 6-10 and was fired. This is normally what happens when a new coach comes in but he was never given a 3rd year. Which is weird. When they made a 4 win jump and secured a franchise qb. Like Rivera went 6-10 after drafting cam then 7-9 then the playoff jump. No 3rd year for lovie. Which again is weird considering his track record with the bears.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He took over a horrible Greg schiano roster and gutted it. Similar to what we did in 2020. Went 2-14 drafted jameis then went 6-10 and was fired. This is normally what happens when a new coach comes in but he was never given a 3rd year. Which is weird. When they made a 4 win jump and secured a franchise qb. Like Rivera went 6-10 after drafting cam then 7-9 then the playoff jump. No 3rd year for lovie. Which again is weird considering his track record with the bears.

Someone said it earlier, Lovie is like John Fox as a HC or even Ron Rivera.  Their teams will be average more often than not, with a winning season sprinkled in here and there.  I guess the Bears were looking to be in the playoff hunt more often.  I still stand by Lovie is a better DC than a HC. 

Maybe if he gets the Houston job he can put it together this time and make them a legit team.  With that front office though, good luck to him!