• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7 seeds have got to go

The Colts and Chargers screwed it up. Think both of them would’ve put up better fights than against the Bengals and Chiefs.

Taylor and Pittman were cruising with the Indy offense with Eferblus really coaching up that D. 

And then Herbert/Ekeler/Allen/Williams would’ve definitely been a finer matchup for KC than Big Ben’s deflating send off.

Steelers really backed into the playoffs due to scheduling and better teams beating each other. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, trueblade said:

I hate to break it to you but not only it's it not going anywhere, but it's likely there will be an 8th seed added at some point in the next five to ten years. The NFL owners will want another game to sell to the networks.

Yep.  It doesn’t matter if it’s bad football.  It matters whether people watch or not.  I think the ratings fair better than tape delay figure skating or regional NCAA BBall so we are going to get a bad football playoff game.  That’s ok with me.  I watched bad football for 17 weeks, an 18th won’t kill me.  Also, a lot of the people watching are fans of teams that didn’t make the playoffs, like NYJ/G fans.   They are familiar with it. 

If you don't like the 2-7 game, just don't watch it. All it does is force the 2 seed to play rather than get a free pass to the divisional round. You still have the same 3-6 and 4-5 match up you have had for years. 

The real benefit to having a 7th seed isn't getting an extra game in the playoffs. It's that way more teams have something to play for the last few weeks of the regular season. The top teams are having to go all out week 18 instead of resting their starters to get that #1 seed/bye week and middle of the pack teams desperately clinging to their playoff lives scrambling for that last wildcard spot rather being able to tank out starting week 15 because they're already eliminated.