• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Promotion for Suluiman

BurnNChinn

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Was hired by Hurney, have reservations about the differences in perception and reality when it comes to singing praises for guys that are apart of this much failure. 

He was hired by Tepper. Tepper knew him from their time at Pittsburgh. He took MH's job of handling the salary cap for obvious reasons.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

He was hired by Tepper. Tepper knew him from their time at Pittsburgh. He took MH's job of handling the salary cap for obvious reasons.

Hurney did all of that, Tepper doesn't know anything which is obvious because he let Hurney do all of this. 

• The D 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Hell yeah! Who was the nerd that was chasing me around on the message board claiming I was making poo up about Samir being a badass and great at his job?

Robbie Anderson must have the greatest agent in NFL history then....if that is what the badass was able to get it worked down to. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Robbie Anderson must have the greatest agent in NFL history then....if that is what the badass was able to get it worked down to. 

Its a one year extension. We legit can cut RA this year and pay 4million, and save cap. We have an out next offseason with little penalty. None of his contracts are traps like MH's.

Suluiman came here in 2020 and we had 4 million in avialable cap and 50+ dead cap. The guy has us in a position where next year we will have the most cap in the league.

You can hate all of this micro-transactions but none of them impact the big picture. It's a business and at the end of the day his job is numbers. He took us from crisis to a greenfield situation. I get that we dont like who Rhule/Fitt are chooosing to be on the team, but Suluiman is the reason we arent going to be in cap hell with any of these contracts.

Edited by TheCasillas
had my dates mixed up.
  • Pie 4
  • The D 1

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Its a one year extension. We legit can cut RA this year and pay 4million, and save cap. We have an out next offseason with little penalty. None of his contracts are traps like MH's.

Suluiman came here in 2019 and we had 9 million in avialable cap and 50+ in incoming dead cap. The guy has us in a position where next year we will have the most cap in the league.

You can hate all of this micro-transactions but none of them impact the big picture. It's a business and at the end of the day his job is numbers. He took us from crisis to a greenfield situation. I get that we dont like who Rhule/Fitt are chooosing to be on the team, but Suluiman is the reason we arent going to be in cap hell with any of these contracts.

but are talking negotiating skills and deal making.   Hard to call someone a badass when their tiny resume here consists of that stinker. 

We have DJ Moore and just drafted 2 young WRs.  Robbie's only had one actual good season in his entire career.    And Robbie comes out taking up more cap space the legit #1 WRs in the NFL? 

Dumb dealing like that will impact the big picture.  I can get saying the jury is out on him.  But it's hard to call him much more than that at this point IMO. 

• Beer 4

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds like your standard "new title / new contract so we can pay you more money and hang on to you longer" type promotion.

His duties and activities probably won't really change all that much.

That's exactly how I read it.  That said, losing him wouldn't kill us.  We'd get a compensatory for it if he went on to a GM job with another team.

47 minutes ago, CRA said:

but are talking negotiating skills and deal making.   Hard to call someone a badass when their tiny resume here consists of that stinker. 

Tiny resume?

• He signed Reddick for cheap and got us 10 sacks out of it
  • He fixed the cap hit that Shaq made on our books by restructuring his deal and we can move on (trade/release) from him and it would give us more cap savings.
  • He restructred Paradis's contract to void the final years of the deals so we wouldnt be paying 10+ mill per season for an injured center
  • He fixed our disaster of a situation that MH gave us with over 100 million dead cap in back to back years
  • He stuctured Elfein and Erving's contacts so we can cut them and save money
  • He made it where we can move on from Moton's contact in the final two years of his deal and pay 3 million while saavig 17.5million if it doesnt work out in the long run (the anti--hurney)
  • He has a built in out in the CMC contract for next year
  • He has put us in the healthiest cap situation this franchise has ever seen heading into 2023

What do you mean tiny resume? I only listed 8 things from top of my head. There are so many things that he handles as a "CFO" that we do not see. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 5

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Tiny resume?

• He signed Reddick for cheap and got us 10 sacks out of it
  • He fixed the cap hit that Shaq made on our books by restructuring his deal and we can move on (trade/release) from him and it would give us more cap savings.
  • He restructred Paradis's contract to void the final years of the deals so we wouldnt be paying 10+ mill per season for an injured center
  • He fixed our disaster of a situation that MH gave us with over 100 million dead cap in back to back years
  • He stuctured Elfein and Erving's contacts so we can cut them and save money
  • He made it where we can move on from Moton's contact in the final two years of his deal and pay 3 million while saavig 17.5million if it doesnt work out in the long run (the anti--hurney)
  • He has a built in out in the CMC contract for next year
  • He has put us in the healthiest cap situation this franchise has ever seen heading into 2023

What do you mean tiny resume? I only listed 8 things from top of my head. There are so many things that he handles as a "CFO" that we do not see. 

Plus there was that time he talked about slashing someone's throat 😐

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Plus there was that time he talked about slashing someone's throat 😐

Yup. The guy doesnt put up with people's poo and shady practices. He is direct and upfront. It wasnt a threat it was figurative speech. And yes, it was a bad way to position his metaphor.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161515

Edited by TheCasillas