• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From worst record to Superbowl in 2 seasons

NAS

11 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Sustaining success comes after you win a championship, and it is much more difficult to attain than a SB victory.

So fug it, don't try?

When the front office built this team in 1995, they built it with a "win ASAP" mentality. That was the team's mentality for the duration of Jerry Richardson's rule. Sacrifice a year or two (or six years from 1997-2002) for one good year. Repeat until racism and sexism become rampant and you lose the team. 

Is that what you propose we remain? Because success is inconvenient?

9 minutes ago, Chimera said:

So fug it, don't try?

When the front office built this team in 1995, they built it with a "win ASAP" mentality. That was the team's mentality for the duration of Jerry Richardson's rule. Sacrifice a year or two (or six years from 1997-2002) for one good year. Repeat until racism and sexism become rampant and you lose the team. 

Is that what you propose we remain? Because success is inconvenient?

I propose a team plans with the current CBA in mind, and awareness of how many 5 and 10 year players come out of a given draft.

In 1995, the Panthers had to take that approach as most teams did because of the impact of free agency. Now, you not only have free agency, but teams can't lock up rookies to 6 or 7 year contracts like they did before 2011. Then you factor in players leaving earlier due to wear and tear/injuries. So, you can't slowly build a team in the NFL. Windows close quickly in the NFL now. Each draft produces 20 players with 5+ years of production, and 2 to 5 players with 10+ years of production.

This is why there is more difficulty to sustain success than win a SB, and little to no time to develop players. A coach is worthless if they don't have a 2 to 3 year plan to be a contender. Success will never come to a team that thinks they can slow build with the way the NFL is set up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Trust Tepper. He wants to win. That is why he kept Rhule. Rhule is a winner just like Keatts is a winner. Trust the process. Tepper wants to save some mon.......win, yes, win.

We apparently have no other choice.

So, Rhule, impress us.

I really, really want to be saying how wrong I was about Rhule and Co. at the end of next season. I really do.

But dang, I don't think I will be.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Longest two years ever 

1DADEEBA-29EF-4C3D-BCDF-BD826C8D59FA.jpeg

Quote.  
Zac Taylor was named the 10th head coach in Cincinnati Bengals history on Feb. 4, 2019.

this, is the rebuild start that got them to the Super Bowl.   A good coach drafts a qb and then his favorite WR add that to Mixon, and viola, a Superbowl

we have none of those….an abysmal coach…a qb who should be surfing and we’re it not for said coach would be….an a rb that’s in the top more than with the club and WRs that would be wr2 and wr3 as are 1 and 2 

another poster listed worst to first over the past 20 years  

13 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I propose a team plans with the current CBA in mind, and awareness of how many 5 and 10 year players come out of a given draft.

In 1995, the Panthers had to take that approach as most teams did because of the impact of free agency. Now, you not only have free agency, but teams can't lock up rookies to 6 or 7 year contracts like they did before 2011. Then you factor in players leaving earlier due to wear and tear/injuries. So, you can't slowly build a team in the NFL. Windows close quickly in the NFL now. Each draft produces 20 players with 5+ years of production, and 2 to 5 players with 10+ years of production.

This is why there is more difficulty to sustain success than win a SB, and little to no time to develop players. A coach is worthless if they don't have a 2 to 3 year plan to be a contender. Success will never come to a team that thinks they can slow build with the way the NFL is set up.

This is exactly right 

16 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Matt Rhule as captain of the Titanic: "Settle down people, everything that is happening right now is all part of the plan.  Everything is exactly how we intended for it to go.  Trust the professionals."

“I could have taken that job on the HMS Dreadnought, you know, but I chose to stay here!”

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Fair enough, but I wasn't talking about decades long dynasties. The Patriots and Seahawks are well beyond the "sustained success" that I'm talking about. poo, I would be happy with just the Titans' sustained success. Yes, we're so fuging bad that I envy the Titans.

Its better than our 3 decade old strategy of saving cap space for that one year and hoping for the best. 

Edited by Chimera