• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl Survey Results

PanthersATL

32 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

If you're that invested in the game that you need the next day off -- chances are your manager will approve your vacation day or help with other arrangements.  I know my crowd is supportive of individual's fandom -- was given some extra leeway during the 2016 game myself.  

But not everybody requires recovery time for a game that basically ends at 10p. That's no different from those late-night west coast baseball games that drag on past midnight on the east coast, or any number of March Madness basketball games on the opening Thursday

Making a national holiday for a sporting event? Not likely

Those guys would get completely drunk every SB so recovery time was necessary.  Bosses knew hung-over employees wouldn't be too good for the workplace. 

Go ahead and move all games to Saturday, it would be so much more fun than on Sundays.

The halftime shows in the SB are abominations, butcher a bunch of music and watch them dance to it's murder for what has become a quarter of commercial BS. So much cringe every year. 

I'm taking a trip this weekend and just skipping the entire thing. The NFL gets a little closer to being wrastling to me every year. Rigged, boring and owned by a pack of POSs. Can we just go back to when no one else cared about the game and it was just about good football?

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Go ahead and move all games to Saturday, it would be so much more fun than on Sundays.

The halftime shows in the SB are abominations, butcher a bunch of music and watch them dance to it's murder for what has become a quarter of commercial BS. So much cringe every year. 

I'm taking a trip this weekend and just skipping the entire thing. The NFL gets a little closer to being wrastling to me every year. Rigged, boring and owned by a pack of POSs. Can we just go back to when no one else cared about the game and it was just about good football?

The half time show is a joke.  Apparently the NFL isn’t even paying the dancers this year because the exposure should be enough.  Like they’re expecting random dancer #102 to steal the show.  That’s why I prefer the conference championships.  It’s actual fans at the games and it’s not as corporate 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, PandaMan said:

The half time show is a joke.  Apparently the NFL isn’t even paying the dancers this year because the exposure should be enough.  Like they’re expecting random dancer #102 to steal the show.  That’s why I prefer the conference championships.  It’s actual fans at the games and it’s not as corporate 

The people to the right of me at the SB in 2016 were only there for the halftime show. They had no idea about the game. They left after the halftime show...I kid you not. I also got booed for standing up to cheer during the game lol.

IDGAF, the game has become an abomination. It would be cool if they did all that stuff around the game and stopped injecting it into the game. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The NFL gets a little closer to being wrastling to me every year. Rigged, boring and owned by a pack of POSs. Can we just go back to when no one else cared about the game and it was just about good football?

For the last 50 years the NFL has been on a steady move toward flag football or 7on7 drills.  It's all for high scoring and entertainment for casual fans.  

This year's Pro Bowl is how the normal game is going to look in another 30 years.   Ugh. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

For the last 50 years the NFL has been on a steady move toward flag football or 7on7 drills.  It's all for high scoring and entertainment for casual fans.  

This year's Pro Bowl is how the normal game is going to look in another 30 years.   Ugh. 

I'm  fine with the safety motivated improvements in the rules...mostly. I get tailoring the game to keep it relevant but the D has been nutrued too much IMO. 

The SB was a fun experience for fans back in the day, or at least they sounded great. Now it's close to ruin. If the commercials or the halftime show is the only reason you watch the SB then losing that viewership would be a positive in my eyes for the value and quality of the game. Biggest game of the year and all of the 'what is happening, why are they doing that and what are the rules' people showing up to not allow fans to watch the game lol. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I *want* the Pro Bowl to be a weekend of skill drill/showing off stuff and a flag football game for fun.  No need for those guys to get a vacation where they have to hit each other for no real benefit.  Make it fun, mic the guys up. Give awards/bonuses for winning individual challenges.    

See Jake in 2005: https://youtu.be/YMiOSSsmg0s?t=248

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

I *want* the Pro Bowl to be a weekend of skill drill/showing off stuff and a flag football game for fun.  No need for those guys to get a vacation where they have to hit each other for no real benefit.  Make it fun, mic the guys up. Give awards/bonuses for winning individual challenges.    

but do you want 17 games of that ?

8 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Agreed.

I want flags, no pads at the pro bowl. I also want a pro bowl themed nerf vortex that they can launch 100 yards. 

And use it to test new rules, like having a 4th and 25 from your own 25 instead of onside kicks.

It shouldn't be real football. It should be the best players in the world $hit talking and playing  backyard football.

• Pie 1