• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albright: Panthers circling on Pickett

electro's horse

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see where a first rounder was on the line, or where he tried to move up in the first. What we have is one quote that says he talked to the Rams.

It never made sense. Especially considering we dumped him after one season, and used the most expensive draft capital we've ever had to take a quarterback (that many thought was a huge risk) the following year.

No one is giving up a high 2nd without next year's first, a la Everette Brown and the trade Hurney made for him just to get to 43. There used to be more stories about it but they've been lost to time.

And they didn't fully dump him - he was on the roster until 2014. Dude never should have been drafted in the first place and the team moved on when the new coach came in, like Rosen and the Cardinals.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

On 2/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. Tepper is just sitting there with his thumb up his ass while Rhule turns us into the new Cleveland Browns.

We definitely are already there.  How many losing seasons is this now?  And now we'll be going on like, what?  Our 5th or 6th starting QB in 3 years under Rhule?

I remember the Browns having a different starting QB each year for several years, but I don't remember even them having this many in such a short amount of time.

The only thing I get optimistic for or excited about in regards to our team is whatever happens after Rhule.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, bigdog10 said:

I don’t necessarily think you were wrong about Mac at 3. I’ve read im a couple different spots that Shannahan was dead set on Mac but felt overwhelming pressure from his fan base and front office to take the freakish athleticism that Lance  provides. 

I don’t think it’s out of the question to say that Mac Jones on that niners team has them in the super bowl. 

This is a very dumb take.