• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk about Haason Reddick

ncfan

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

Reddick has proven more than Burns has.  I truly don't understand the hate or why people think he shouldn't be a priority to resign.  Reddick is every bit as good or better as a pure pass rusher and plays the run better than Burns.  I like Burns, but he is a liability against the run.  Watch the tape.

I love the fact that we resigned Luvu, but I cringe to think that means we are just going to let Reddick walk.  I cannot fathom how people think letting a proven double-digit sack guy walk is good business.  

If we don't resign him I could definitely see Atlanta (who just released Donte Fowler) or the Bucs (to pair him with Shaq Barrett) will sign him and he will terrorize us for the next few years.

I had no opinion on Reddick to start the season, and thought like many that he was brought in solely as a Rhule guy.  And while there was probably a lot of truth to that, he more than surpassed any expectations I had.  People seriously need to watch the film. I understand the argument about being undersized against the run a little bit, but damn if he doesn't win against his guy in pass rushes consistently.  His pressure rate was near the top of the league.

You can never ever have too many guys that can rush the passer or cover corners.  Getting Daviyon Nixon back healthy and upgrading over Brayvion Roy will help playing the run.  Also, don't get rid of Denzel Perrymen.

But Reddick just had the best pass-rushing season since Greg Hardy in 2013.  He was Peppers level elite in rushing the passer.  Letting Reddick go would be the worst decision this franchise has made since guaranteeing $18M to Darnold.  Don't let one stupid mistake lead to another.  Resign Reddick.

No argument, Reddick has proven more than Burns.  That's part of the problem.

He can easily make the argument he should get $15 a year . . . and guess what?  We currently don't have that.  We just paid Frankie Luvu 4.5 per year, meaning our cap for next year is now somewhere in the 13-14 neighborhood and we have MAYBE 24-25 guys on the roster who are NFL caliber players.

Reddick is a luxury.  Honestly, I'd rather have the pick.  We need to infuse a great deal of talent into the roster here, and you don't get that without having good drafts.

• Pie 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:02 PM, KatsAzz said:

PFF has Reddick ranked 31st overall on the market and projects his incoming deal to be a three-year pact at an annual average of $11.67 million. So the question is, will the Panthers fork that over?

With a fairly limited amount of cap space and a handful of areas that need addressing, Reddick may have to get that deal elsewhere.

That's not bad.  Give him 3/35 with a 15m signing bonus.  Salary of 1m, 9m, 10m.  Salary hit this year of 6m (not counting the 4m dead we already incurred on him).  The third year should not be guaranteed so cap savings if cut would be 10m with 5 dead.  That's manageable for his talent.  He probably wants more, but maybe he does it for his buddy Rhule.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

No argument, Reddick has proven more than Burns.  That's part of the problem.

He can easily make the argument he should get $15 a year . . . and guess what?  We currently don't have that.  We just paid Frankie Luvu 4.5 per year, meaning our cap for next year is now somewhere in the 13-14 neighborhood and we have MAYBE 24-25 guys on the roster who are NFL caliber players.

Reddick is a luxury.  Honestly, I'd rather have the pick.  We need to infuse a great deal of talent into the roster here, and you don't get that without having good drafts.

Once again. The cap can be manipulated to sign who you want. We keep saying that NO is going to implode because of back loaded contracts and yet every year they sign whoever they want. Also when you sign a player to a multiyear contract the first year cap is usually the prorated part of the signing bonus and a few million in salary. So if you don't think Reddick is worth an average of 10 million a year  with a cap hit of 7-8 milion in 2022 then that is a reason to part with him. But given he is our most dynamic rusher and can play in the field and is good against the run, using the cap as the reason not to resign him makes little sense in the modern NFL

Edited by panthers55

19 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Once again. The cap can be manipulated to sign who you want. We keep saying that NO is going to implode because of back loaded contracts and yet every year they sign whoever they want. Also when you sign a player to a multiyear contract the first year cap is usually the prorated part of the signing bonus and a few million in salary. So if you don't think Reddick is worth an average of 10 million a year  with a cap hit of 7-8 milion in 2022 then that is a reason to part with him. But given he is our most dynamic rusher and can play in the field and is good against the run, using the cap as the reason not to resign him makes little sense in the modern NFL

I believe NO is imploding. 

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I believe NO is imploding. 

We say that every year. And when they sign Wilson to a 40 million a year contract this offseason, everyone will be amazed they were able to do that. If they implode it will because the weasel left not a cap issue.

Edited by panthers55

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We say that every year. And when they sign Wilson to a 40 million a year contract this offseason, everyone will be amazed they were able to do that. If they implode it will because the weasel left not a cap issue.

The weasel left because of the incoming implosion. 

43 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It’s hard to be this wrong, but if anyone has proven it’s possible, you have over the years. They will be crippled and restructuring for years just to make a average, at best, roster. Just as the writer for OTC outlines in his article. Not too mention the Panthers only have 2 players they can realistically restructure, in Moton and Shaq(and he’s questionable).  We won’t even start discussing the laughable comment about Reddick being good against the run…lol. Or whatever being able to play in the field means? 

https://overthecap.com/looking-at-the-saints-2022-salary-cap/

Of course this defers more to 2023 where the Saints currently have the 2nd worst cap situation in the NFL but the way the team has to work is to just go year to year until they flush more of the players out of the system who have been restructured over and over through the years.  This is probably going to be reminiscent of the Saints 2014 to 2016 run where they were always top 5 in dead money and went 7-9 three years straight, except now they need to do that without Payton and Drew Brees on the team.