• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

53 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'd rather my QB be face to face with a 6'4"320lb DT. For his sake. Then we can go from there. It's football.

Yeah but if you want a guy to be protected in the pocket and can't move anyway why does him bring 6'4 matter if he isn't suppose to be getting hit? Yeah it would be nice. If you get to build the perfect prospect but sometimes you gotta accept that all those things are luxury items not requirements. Just like how you feel about a qb being mobile.

18 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Yeah but if you want a guy to be protected in the pocket and can't move anyway why does him bring 6'4 matter if he isn't suppose to be getting hit? Yeah it would be nice. If you get to build the perfect prospect but sometimes you gotta accept that all those things are luxury items not requirements. Just like how you feel about a qb being mobile.

He moves in the pocket. This guy is Payton Manning like in that respect subtle movements to shake a DE. I've seen a Dlineman totally whiff because Carson just side steps it and rips it down field.

The pocket is a safe place if you navigate it properly, a QB doesn't have to bug out and run unless it's there. If the play is going nowhere he can obviously throw it out or at some feet.

A QB like Carson would elevate DJ and Robby especially. CMC too. He's coming in much like Payton Manning reading and calling plays at the LOS, with a bit of Brett Favre gunslinger mentality and only the second best but more accurate arm in this draft with the prototype measurables ,size, long arms, height, normal sized hands for his height. Very high IQ. Excellent academically also.

Despite surgery he didn't miss a game. If the media wasn't drinking silly juice and listening to agents, in this weak draft Carson Strong as a junior should be in the discussion for QB1. Everybody wants friends though so they're not all bad.

They'll give it the good ol' Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, Zach Wilson, Kenny Pickett sales job and the Jets and teams like them will always go for the hype and draft Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers.

Strong 2022

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

What?! Line are usually 6'3"plus. Stop cap.

“Typical 3–4 nose tackles are "big wide bodies who can hold the point of attack and force double teams by the guardand center."[3] They are usually the heaviest players on the roster, with weights ranging from 320 to 350 pounds (145 to 159 kg). Also, height is critical, as they are supposed to get "under" the offensive line, which means ideal 3–4 nose tackles are no taller than 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m).

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He moves in the pocket. This guy is Payton Manning like in that respect subtle movements to shake a DE. I've seen a Dlineman totally whiff because Carson just side steps it and rips it down field.

The pocket is a safe place if you navigate it properly, a QB doesn't have to bug out and run unless it's there. If the play is going nowhere he can obviously throw it out or at some feet.

A QB like Carson would elevate DJ and Robby especially. CMC too. He's coming in much like Payton Manning reading and calling plays at the LOS, with a bit of Brett Favre gunslinger mentality and only the second best but more accurate arm in this draft with the prototype measurables ,size, long arms, height, normal sized hands for his height. Very high IQ. Excellent academically also.

Despite surgery he didn't miss a game. If the media wasn't drinking silly juice and listening to agents, in this weak draft Carson Strong as a junior should be in the discussion for QB1. Everybody wants friends though so they're not all bad.

They'll give it the good ol' Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, Zach Wilson, Kenny Pickett sales job and the Jets and teams like them will always go for the hype and draft Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers.

Strong 2022

You’re comparing this guy to 3 HOF QB’s? 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

“Typical 3–4 nose tackles are "big wide bodies who can hold the point of attack and force double teams by the guardand center."[3] They are usually the heaviest players on the roster, with weights ranging from 320 to 350 pounds (145 to 159 kg). Also, height is critical, as they are supposed to get "under" the offensive line, which means ideal 3–4 nose tackles are no taller than 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m).

Ok. I said that. So that's the cut off huh? 

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

5 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

You’re comparing this guy to 3 HOF QB’s? 

The reading and calling plays at the LOS coming into the NFL is very Payton Manning like. I think his arm is on par with him and Favre and he may be the Aaron Rodgers of this draft if the Panthers and a bunch of others pass on him.

Yeah, you may be right. I'll put my money on a kid like Strong any day. An article stated he was obsessed with completion percentage and not in a Teddy Bridgewater type of way. No. Dropping dimes into the hands of running men not checkdowns.

He can play immediately because he's already advanced at what they teach these great athletes at QB when they come into the NFL and needing to trust the pocket. The top prospects aren't quite ready, they have a steeper learning curve IMO.

He's not perfect, he has room to grow in the NFL. He does have the ability to absorb a playbook an run the system on the fly. That's advanced. He's just a junior. 

If his completion percentage drops from the previous two years 70% to say 67% that's Drew Brees career, Tom Brady regular season level. If the NFL can coach Carson Strong up from his two years at 70% to say 72-73%, that level guy would be HOF with good luck and games played.

I don't know what's next for Carson but from his traits and his gifts, when he gets his chance he'll most likely flourish. His career stats support that.

Strong 2022!

On 4/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, rippadonn said:

He was on his way, he beat out Blaine Gabbert and was next up until Tom unretired. We'll see. 

Also Kyle is a good potentially great QB and he'll be a load to deal with in goal line situations, he could actually run a couple TDs in, country big, country strong. Ive seen him push a couple hog mollies into the end zone for a TD.

Where did you see that news on Trask?

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he is making it up and the fact that Trask was in a qb battle with Gabbert should tell you all you need to know.

No a poster here on this site posted the link a couple weeks back, I read that and another report that said the same. High second round is a pretty high pick. Somebody was paying attention. I told you he'd be somebody.