• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

25 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Don't want my QB running anymore. Love Cam but he was career 59%. Sometimes putting the cart before the horse as far as letting your highest investment prance around the field while learning how to read NFL defenses and call plays at the LOS can be costly.

Carson had autonomy over the whole system in real time. He's NFL ready in that respect, plug and play. I've seen him change plays at the line into another look and drop a pure dime many times now.

You should believe Ike Taylor like I do. I'll one up him and say he should be QB1 in this draft.

Strong 2022!

Notice what you said. "I DONT Want my quaterback". That right there blinds you to the possibility of Willis or an other athletic passer. Regardless what you think about cams percentages that doesn't paint the full picture. Yeah 59% but what about the extra 700 yards on the ground and 10 rushing touchdowns? That won't show up in your passing statistic but make up for a few percentage numbers because how many 2nd and longs and 3rd and nothing is open and I picked up 10 on the ground. Cam was a sensational player.. if not for the pocket hit injury we easily talking HOF player as he is on the borderline right or right below as we speak.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

The funniest thing about all this is that you think saying you were super high on Trask last year somehow makes your support of Strong more valid when it does the opposite.

I’m a Florida boy and a Gator homer and he wouldn’t listen to me. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Martin said:

The funniest thing about all this is that you think saying you were super high on Trask last year somehow makes your support of Strong more valid when it does the opposite.

I love Carson Strong but was incredibly low on Trask Last year.

Player evaluations, especially the QB position, is a crapshoot year in and year out. 

On tape, I like what I see, but I have no idea what Strong is capable of doing on the white board or in the classroom. 

But, from what I see, I like his game. 

• Pie 1

Completion percentage leaders in the NFL last year: 
1. Colt McCoy 
2. Joe Burrow 
3. Kyler Murray 
4. Aaron Rodgers 
5. Dak Prescott
6. Geno Smith 
7. Derek Carr
8. Jimmy Garoppolo 
9. Tua Tagovailoa 
10. Mac Jones 

Maybe betting everything on completion percentage isn't it? It doesn't really tell the whole story you know? Like I get the argument, but the top QBs (Allen/Mahomes) in the NFL didn't exactly have "blow you away" completion percentage in college. 

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, Verge said:

1. Colt McCoy 
2. Joe Burrow 
3. Kyler Murray 
4. Aaron Rodgers 
5. Dak Prescott
6. Geno Smith 
7. Derek Carr
8. Jimmy Garoppolo 
9. Tua Tagovailoa 
10. Mac Jones 

Maybe betting everything on completion percentage isn't it? It doesn't really tell the whole story you know? Like I get the argument, but the top QBs (Allen/Mahomes) in the NFL didn't exactly have "blow you away" completion percentage in college. 

I’ve said this in another thread but I live on campus at UNR. One thing about watching Strong in person is that he seemed to miss a lot of wide open guys in favor of a tight throw. He was able to make those tight throws against poor competition, but in the NFL, a lot of them are ints.

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I love Carson Strong but was incredibly low on Trask Last year.

Player evaluations, especially the QB position, is a crapshoot year in and year out. 

On tape, I like what I see, but I have no idea what Strong is capable of doing on the white board or in the classroom. 

But, from what I see, I like his game. 

I can see being intrigued by Strong for sure, I just found the Trask thing really funny.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, micnificent28 said:

He absolutely is.. what are u talking about. 

Even all the beloved scouts these guys swear by will tell you Willis is an athletic freak. He is just being a hater. The main question with Willis is can he be developed properly into a NFL QB. The physical tools aren’t a question at all. Strongest arm and very fast for the position. 

• Pie 1

On 4/17/2022 at 1:37 AM, Verge said:

1. Colt McCoy 
2. Joe Burrow 
3. Kyler Murray 
4. Aaron Rodgers 
5. Dak Prescott
6. Geno Smith 
7. Derek Carr
8. Jimmy Garoppolo 
9. Tua Tagovailoa 
10. Mac Jones 

Aside from Colt all the QBs(just about all of them) on that list would be better than what we've had by far. Accuracy is the name of the QB game.

Tyreek Hill makes a huge difference so we'll see with Mahommes.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, micnificent28 said:

And if you agree with a guy with wrong in his name you know your on the wrong side of things.

For his height, weight, position he's no more freak than anybody in the NFL.

He's not Julius Peppers freak, not Mike Vick freak he's not Adrian Peterson level freak athlete.

He's not bigger, stronger or faster than anybody he's joining in the NFL.

He will now be competing with athletes his level or better. He's going to play among the freakiest athletes in the world.

I'm saying he's not a standout in that world. 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

For his height, weight, position he's no more freak than anybody in the NFL.

He's not Julius Peppers freak, not Mike Vick freak he's not Adrian Peterson level freak athlete.

He's not bigger, stronger or faster than anybody he's joining in the NFL.

He will now be competing with athletes his level or better. He's going to play among the freakiest athletes in the world.

I'm saying he's not a standout in that world. 

He absolutely becomes a top 5 rushing threat at the position... there won't be 5 qbs in the league you would rather have in a pocket breaking down or rpo situation. That makes him a freak on that alone.ik5pjn6et4sfc50gkxtj.thumb.jpg.d62c227d35fc70eb50801be598e9f099.jpglooking at his legs and lower base he looks  closer to saquon barkley than the typical quarterback. You aren't going to take him down easily with arm tackles.  He lead the league as qb with broken tackles. That's a freak. 

The fact he steps into the league with a top 10 arm is also freaky talent. Like putting all those factors alone together makes him a freak. And I haven't even spoken  ridiculous start and stop ability. The guy is a freak athlete at 6'0 230 pound. That's pretty big for a qb at 6'0.

Edited by micnificent28

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He absolutely becomes a top 5 rushing threat at the position... there won't be 5 qbs in the league you would rather have in a pocket breaking down or rpo situation. That makes him a freak on that alone.ik5pjn6et4sfc50gkxtj.thumb.jpg.d62c227d35fc70eb50801be598e9f099.jpglooking at his legs and lower base he looks  closer to saquon barkley than the typical quarterback. You aren't going to take him down easily with arm tackles.  He lead the league as qb with broken tackles. That's a freak. 

The fact he steps into the league with a top 10 arm is also freaky talent. Like putting all those factors alone together makes him a freak. And I haven't even spoken  ridiculous start and stop ability. The guy is a freak athlete at 6'0 230 pound. That's pretty big for a qb at 6'0.

The thing is you get a guy like that and give him a QB guru and the possibilities are endless. I mean Burrow adjusted his throwing motion and increased his velocity this offseason. Imagine what that looks like for someone with that gifted of an arm already.

• Pie 1