• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the backup QB ?

catnip

37 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The sad part is that they can still get Minshew and he'd be a lot better than Darnold. Also cheaper. But they won't. It makes too much sense. Rhule is gonna hinder this team on his way out. Gonna give up that #6 for some washed up QB in a last ditch effort. 

(*^)*(&%*%^ it!  _)(OIJ&_)*_ it!

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

I don't remember Minshew being available.  I agree with the Sam being an irresponsible option.  In more ways than one.

He was available. The Eagles called the Jags and made it happen. We thought Sam and PJ were the ticket. 

• Pie 2

As painful as it is sure to be, we need to just ride it out with what we have in order to avoid damaging our future.  There don't appear to be any clear franchise QB's this year.  Don't waste that 6th pick on a guy who isn't going to be that guy.

Ride with what you have, fire the staff, clear out Sam and try again next year.

• Pie 1

I've been telling you fools what the right move should be but you didn't want to hear it. Now you come around like you just figured it out. 

I've also told you that we are FUBAR from top to bottom.  Without a miracle of fortune intervening to make this mystery plan somehow manifest itself into a SB trophy next season that will not change. Where are you putting your money?

With the options available, I'd draft a mid round QB and acquire Foles and Flacco.

Give the bulk of the snaps to the rookie and have them compete with Foles and Flacco. Foles and Flacco are brought in knowing they are there to help develop a QB and provide healthy competition to accelerate their development.

At worst the mid round QB develops into a premier back up QB for a future franchise QB. Best case is that QB becomes the franchise QB and proves they can win in the clutch.

Sam Darnold and PJ Walker are not doing anything to advance the team. I'd go with Foles and Flacco over Darnold and Walker if all you want is an improvement.