• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The last of the Richardson era

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish we'd hired someone who would've cleaned house to build a new and improved organization. Instead, we got David Tepper and Matt Rhule. Oh wee mayne.

Thing is, Allen was generally considered to be a hard worker and good at his job.

My worry here is whether this is a Matt Rhule move or Fitterer/Morgan. Rhule has final roster say and general team control, but I don't know if that extends to hiring and firing in the front office (which he technically could have if he has Tepper's ear).

If it is Rhule, expect the replacement to be someone loyal to him.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A little more...

First thought would be someone from the Bills or the Seahawks, and there are some good people to be had from either staff.

Why in god's name would anyone leave the Bills' organization for here? The Seahawks could potentially be a different story depending on the general feel in the building for how much longer Pete Carroll is gonna stick around. But the Bills? Hell, he'd never come out and admit it publicly but I imagine that if Dan Morgan had a mulligan on that decision he'd still be in Buffalo.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why in god's name would anyone leave the Bills' organization for here? The Seahawks could potentially be a different story depending on the general feel in the building for how much longer Pete Carroll is gonna stick around. But the Bills? Hell, he'd never come out and admit it publicly but I imagine that if Dan Morgan had a mulligan on that decision he'd still be in Buffalo.

Same reason people go to the Lions or the Jags, promotions and/or connections.

I was hoping Morgan could pry Lake Dawson away from them as a college scouting director but they hired someone else for that job.

Pro scouting director? If Fitterer's old friend (and former Panthers scout) Trent Kirchner is looking to bail, he'd be a great hire.

• Beer 1