• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING NEWS Deshaun Watson now willing to be traded to CAROLINA

Woot

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

So you think that us with Watson will do better than Houston did with Watson? Especially after the damage done in lost personnel/picks? 

Reaction Seriously GIF

Go and look how bad the Houston defense was the year they went 4-12. Time of possession would've been lop sided they had the 32nd ranked yards per carry allowed, 27th in total points allowed (384), 29th ranked pass defense. The previous two years Watson made the playoffs and won his division. On our team we would easily be a playoff team with him.

8 minutes ago, Vox said:

Go and look how bad the Houston defense was the year they went 4-12. Time of possession would've been lop sided they had the 32nd ranked yards per carry allowed, 27th in total points allowed (384), 29th ranked pass defense. The previous two years Watson made the playoffs and won his division. On our team we would easily be a playoff team with him.

Our defense isn't as good as you think it is.

To add to that, we'd possibly have to include one of our top defensive players in a trade offer, making it even worse.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Vox said:

What makes you think a trade with Houston will allow us to keep key players from that defense?

We won't be better after a trade with Houston.

51 minutes ago, rayzor said:

So you think that us with Watson will do better than Houston did with Watson? Especially after the damage done in lost personnel/picks? 

Reaction Seriously GIF

Your crazy if u don’t think we are better lol. But you keep wanting to win with Darnold. I rather do something, than nothing at all

1 minute ago, Vox said:

Anyone who thinks adding a 26 year old top 5 QB to this team doesn't make us better I don't know what to tell you lmao. I'm all for trading for him if it means we just give up picks and not players.

Will it make us better? Sure. But we are still many pieces away from being a constant playoff team. Also what we would be giving up for him would be as valuable as a top young QB on their eyes for the trade to work. Throw in the fact he might not even be allowed to play with the legal issues, it just makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, Vox said:

Anyone who thinks adding a 26 year old top 5 QB to this team doesn't make us better I don't know what to tell you lmao. I'm all for trading for him if it means we just give up picks and not players.

We'd obliviously be much better. No one has said anything convincing to the contrary. It's just about their asking price at this point. We'll trade for Watson if we can get a fair deal. Fitt will snap him up. It's the logical thing to do at this point.

4 minutes ago, Vox said:

Yeah totally agree as long as his charges are drop. I’m all for it then, and if you think this team is no better after winning 5 games and most with Darnold is ludicrous.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Will it make us better? Sure. But we are still many pieces away from being a constant playoff team. Also what we would be giving up for him would be as valuable as a top young QB on their eyes for the trade to work. Throw in the fact he might not even be allowed to play with the legal issues, it just makes no sense. 

There is no guarantee we find a franchise QB within the next several years. These kinds of opportunities don't come along. We aren't going to be high enough to draft a guy which means we would have to do what the 49ers did and trade 3 1sts anyway to move up and grab someone that is unproven unlike Watson. QB purgatory is the worst place to be in the NFL and if you have a chance to get a guy you do it.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People arguing for the trade want it to take place after the legal issue are over. We don't know what we'd have to give up at this point. It's a fluid situation.

Edited by pantherj

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

We'd obliviously be much better. No one has said anything convincing to the contrary. It's just about their asking price at this point. We'll trade for Watson if we can get a fair deal. Fitt will snap him up. It's the logical thing to do at this point.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Reaction Seriously GIF

Look u must have miss this nice post!