• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The veteran quarterback market...

Mr. Scot

We could do Jimmy G and let Pickett sit, but I can't help bu think Jimmy could do better than being a one year rental. I think he can get more. But let's say we do that, and Pickett doesn't pan out as our franchise QB, then we're looking at several more bad seasons.

I think I'd rather let Sam start next season, go o-line in the draft, and then let the chips fall where they may. If Sam poops the bed, then we'll have a high draft pick in 2023 where there will be much better QB prospects than Pickett. We'll also have a better o-line for our rookie QB, and Sam will be off the books as well.

7 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We could do Jimmy G and let Pickett sit, but I can't help bu think Jimmy could do better than being a one year rental. I think he can get more. But let's say we do that, and Pickett doesn't pan out as our franchise QB, then we're looking at several more bad seasons.

I think I'd rather let Sam start next season, go o-line in the draft, and then let the chips fall where they may. If Sam poops the bed, then we'll have a high draft pick in 2023 where there will be much better QB prospects than Pickett. We'll also have a better o-line for our rookie QB, and Sam will be off the books as well.

I dont understand why we would do this?