• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lovin me some Tar Heels

pinkfloyd

It was awesome watching K just wanting to runaway and hide during the festivities. Shitting on his curtain call was great. He wanted this year to be all about him. Getting his ass kissed everywhere along the way. Well last night at the crescendo the Heels didn't play along. Loved Bacot's comments after the game. We were either going to win a basketball game or a fight tonight. 😆

Last night highlighted the difference between UNC and K. Dean Smith and Roy Williams both quietly retired post-season. K needed a farewell tour exalting his greatness. K had a huge ceremony to worship him after the game. Hubert told the postgame reporter to talk to his players instead. At Carolina it's all about Carolina and Hubert gets that. At duke it's all about K.

I don't know if Hubert pans out in the long run, but damn last night was awesome and I look forward to seeing how he shapes the program in coming years.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Bet @4Corners is still passed out

I don't pay much attention to college basketball but I caught the second half because it was a game of historic importance.  K looked like he wanted to kill his entire team and then himself during that ceremony.

Also holy poo imagine camping out for weeks and/or dropping a down payment on a house just to watch that.

• Pie 2

That win last night was absolutely amazing.  This will only fuel the greatest rivalry in College Basketball. Not only did our beloved Heels ruin Coach K's last game in Cameron Indoor but 96 of his former players got to taste again what it is like to lose to the Heels. 

The game was a war.  It was one of the most physical and emotional games I've ever seen.  I can't count how many monster dunks there were on both sides.  Duke kept trying to intimidate the Heels with nasty blocks and some pretty hard fouls.  Carolina kept fight back.   So many opportunities for Carolina to fade away but they didn't give in.   When they went up by 5 I thought they had a chance. Every 3 that Duke made was answered.  This game was about who is going to blink first.   Duke did.  You could see that in the final minutes Duke struggling to make a basket.  Carolina wasted no time in pushing the lead to a point where Duke wasn't coming back. What a game. 

The entire team was amazing but RJ Davis IMO was the MVP.  What great leadership.

Hubert Davis put the game on his starting 5 and they played the entire 2nd half without replacement. Brilliant move.  Davis was like here's my best 5.  You can't beat them.  Duke didn't.

Thank You Heels for a great game.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

It was crazy how quickly that game got out of hand coming down the stretch. I kept waiting for K to call a timeout to stop the bleeding and regroup but he never did. Even former players in the crowd were signaling for a timeout. Everyone saw what was happening except for K. Duke was on the ropes but it didn't occur to him until it was top late to do anything about it.