• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Maybe...if they have a good backup rb.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of the time CMC has missed over the past two seasons with non-serious injuries are likely of the "I ain't wearing out the tread on these tires for this bullshit" variety. Don't be surprised if he suddenly gets a lot more durable if he's playing for a playoff contender.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I think it honestly comes down to this.

Do you think the Panthers could be in the playoffs in the next 3 years?

Do you think CMC will still be the superstar he is in the next 3 years?

If you answered yes to either then I think you are thinking too highly of where we are at currently. 

If you answered no to both then I think the obvious solution is salvaging a first while can can still get it and let CMC have a shot somewhere.

CMC won’t be here by the time this team is playoff bound again and if he is he’ll be a shell of himself. It isn’t good to trade your young stars in a rebuild. But trading vets that won’t be here when we right the team makes a lot of sense.

I disagree completely.  CMC was our offense a fews years back when healthy.  He is 25 and not currently injured.  Everyone has completely written us off but we do have talent on this roster.  We won’t be doing a fire sell anytime soon and anyone who thinks we are doesn’t get the situation 

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I think it honestly comes down to this.

Do you think the Panthers could be in the playoffs in the next 3 years?

Do you think CMC will still be the superstar he is in the next 3 years?

If you answered yes to either then I think you are thinking too highly of where we are at currently. 

If you answered no to both then I think the obvious solution is salvaging a first while we can still get it and letting CMC have a shot somewhere.

CMC won’t be here by the time this team is playoff bound again and if he is he’ll be a shell of himself. It isn’t good to trade your young stars in a rebuild. But trading vets that won’t be here when we right the team makes a lot of sense.

Of course we could be in the playoffs in 3 years.  We will likely have 90% different players in 3 years than what we have now. 3 years in an eternity in the NFL.