• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson won't face criminal charges

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you agree then. She copped out and passed the blame.

That's not a DA worth having.

I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure, but the threshold for probable cause is low, so I would assume that the prosecution did not press vigorously. And I think it's more than appropriate for the prosecutor to not waste the public's time and resources on loser cases. Why should the prosecutor litigate loser cases where they deem the evidence cannot result in a conviction? Because non-lawyer media and the twitter mob says it will hurt someone's feelings if they don't?

Edited by Smittymoose
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Yeah, but does not having a franchise QB give you all that Cam did provide? 

Not necessarily. Different people have different skills. Tom Brady for example was never the runner that Cam was while Cam has never been the passer that Brady was, but both were franchise QBs.

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure, but the threshold for probable cause is low, so I would assume that the prosecution did not press vigorously. And I think it's more than appropriate for the prosecutor to not waste the public's time and resources on loser cases. Why should the prosecutor litigate loser cases where they deem the evidence cannot result in a conviction? Because non-lawyer media and the twitter mob says it will hurt someone's feelings if they don't?

Pointing out the reality of what happened here isn't emotional. Getting butthurt about someone pointing out that reality when you seem to understand the reality yourself seems a bit emotional though.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pointing out the reality of what happened here isn't emotional. Getting butthurt about someone pointing out that reality when you seem to understand the reality yourself seems a bit emotional though.

I'm not butthurt, but your outrage about the prosecutor is misguided and foolish. Believe a little bit less of the lying fake news. Your life will be much better for it. 

You didn't unemotionally rebut my point about the prosecutor either, by the way. Do you think prosecutors should waste the public's time and resources on loser cases?

Edited by Smittymoose
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Not necessarily. Different people have different skills. Tom Brady for example was never the runner that Cam was while Cam has never been the passer that Brady was, but both were franchise QBs.

I meant in terms of success. Without a franchise QB, you see no success. With one, you actually have a chance. You posted all the negatives over Cam’s career with the team, but not once how he elevated them.

My point is, a franchise QB eliminates flaws within a team. An average QB can’t do much for you. Look at the Bengals this year and look at us the last 5 years.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hope this leads to a lot of backlash against the DA's office. Declining to press charges because you can't secure a conviction and don't want to waste resources? Fine. Sure, a bitter pill to swallow for some but an honorable admission and decision. Intentionally fumbling in front of a grand jury? That's just chicken poo.

4 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I meant in terms of success. Without a franchise QB, you see no success. With one, you actually have a chance. You posted all the negatives over Cam’s career with the team, but not once how he elevated them.

My point is, a franchise QB eliminates flaws within a team. An average QB can’t do much for you. Look at the Bengals this year and look at us the last 5 years.  

Success with Cam? One Superbowl appearance, one NFC title, three division titles, and only three winning seasons. And one of those division titles was with a losing record when the whole NFCS sucked balls. Carolina just happened to be the least ugly pig that year.

Sorry. If that is all Watson can do since the team will be worse than it was with Cam(no high picks, missing young players, no cap room), he can go elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I know--they will (probably) have to trade some big contracts to make this work--Thompson?  CMC? 

I no got clue with looking at the sportac table. You can not trade either Shaq or Moton cause they just kicked the 2022 salary down the years.

CMC is dead cap hell, until post june tho.....not many other big contracts on the books. Anderson, but no one wants that.

I can not get how panthers have this little space and not enough talent as well, very sad state not even joking.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1