• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Lions went 3-13-1, Giants wen 4-13, and Seattle just traded their QB and released their best player on defense from a 7 win team, and Carolina SOMEHOW is still the worst team in the NFC? Yeah. Your opinions over actual facts is kind of funny. 

He's a clown. He started rooting for us when we traded for darnold last year. He used to be a jets fan. Or so he claims 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, but again. He wants out of the Texans bad enough and is willing to waive that clause. 

You guys keep going back to the clause thing, when it's been reported he will waive it. For an article that was about the Panthers offering up the biggest package. 

It's been reported approximately 1357 times that he was going to be traded imminently. I would think folks would've learned to have maybe learned not to take reports on this situation as gospel by now.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's been reported approximately 1357 times that he was going to be traded imminently. I would think folks would've learned to have maybe learned not to take reports on this situation as gospel by now.

You talking about those Miami Dolphins reports? Yeah. I never took those serious. 

16 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Make the trade:

Worst case scenario is we keep sucking for two more years. 

Best case scenario is he scores enough and limits turnovers enough to let our top 5 D get us deep in the playoffs THIS year and we are attracting free agents for the next 6-7 years while we recoup our picks. 

Don’t make the trade:

100% chance we keep sucking this year. 

More than likely we also continue to be bad-mediocre for years after while trying to develop a rookie QB. 

Best case scenario is we draft Young or Stroud and it’s a coin flip as to whether they’re even starting NFL QBs long term. 

I’ll take the risk in this particular player and if we end up being mediocre then oh well we made a deal for a proven commodity. 

Actually, the worse case scenario is we make this trade, keep losing and after 3 years Watson decides he doesn't want to play for this shitshow anymore and would rather go to a winner. We would have no franchise QB, a team with little to no young talent, and in the same position Houston is in now. While not unfavorable to get a boatload of picks, it still means rebuilding and more losing. And for those who think he wouldn't do that, he just forced his way out 1 year after signing a huge extension. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The one thing that really concerns me, is that our front office might be the worst negotiators in the NFL.  They completely outbid themselves for Sam Darnold last year, and it looks like they might be doing the same thing now for Watson, but on a bigger scale.

If everyone's ducking out of the Watson game left and right, we should stand firm with a reasonable offer.  Watson WILL NOT play for the Houston Texans.  If they don't trade him, they are just bleeding his potential trade value year after year.  They're really in a bind with this.

IMO we should offer something like 2 1sts and CMC as the meat of the offer.  If they want more than that, just say good luck trading a QB who's sat out for two consecutive seasons for that.

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

The one thing that really concerns me, is that our front office might be the worst negotiators in the NFL.  They completely outbid themselves for Sam Darnold last year, and it looks like they might be doing the same thing now for Watson, but on a bigger scale.

If everyone's ducking out of the Watson game left and right, we should stand firm with a reasonable offer.  Watson WILL NOT play for the Houston Texans.  If they don't trade him, they are just bleeding his potential trade value year after year.  They're really in a bind with this.

IMO we should offer something like 2 1sts and CMC as the meat of the offer.  If they want more than that, just say good luck trading a QB who's sat out for two consecutive seasons for that.

I'm even okay with CMAC, Burns, 2 1st and a 2nd rounder. That's a hell of an offer. Even Brown. That's not gutting our team at all for him. When CMAC can't stay healthy, Burns is a pass rusher and that's it, and Brown is an average at best DT. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Literally all of them. He has been reported to have a trade coming imminently many times.

In starting to understand what you "buy". Anything that leads to what you want 

Na. I just know the difference between those "reports" and what's actually being reported. None of those reports about Watson were even remotely reported by solid insiders. So, I didn't take them serious. But I digress. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Na. I just know the difference between those "reports" and what's actually being reported. None of those reports about Watson were even remotely reported by solid insiders. So, I didn't take them serious. But I digress. 

So where is this solid report that confirms Watson isn’t being investigated by the league? It sure wasn’t in the article you posted by Newton. I hope your last alt was better at this. 

• Beer 1