• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

None of these moves matter without our franchise QB

Kraybrothers

2 hours ago, Kraybrothers said:

The POINT is that the threads "Rhule has no excuses" are ridiculous. This roster is not made for the playoffs at all. 

If the roster is not made for the playoffs, Matt Rhule has to own that.  He had complete roster control up until now.  He has no excuses.  There is a huge difference between being a legit playoff contender and being a Super Bowl team.  The difference:  a franchise QB.

We can get to the playoffs without one.  We can win a lot of games without one.  We can become a perennial winner without one.  I could stand a few straight winning seasons around here even if it becomes obvious we aren't getting to the big dance.

Doing all of those things will make this place a much more attractive destination for players.  They'll want to play in a place where they can win.  Where the weather isn't crap.  Where the  media isn't constantly on them.

Charlotte has a lot of advantages baked in.  What we don't have is a good team.  It will be obvious when we need to swing for the fences on a franchise QB.  Chiefs and Rams figured it out.  We can too.

But first we need to be a good team, year in, year out.  And if a franchise QB falls in our laps, all the better.

• Pie 3

The FO is finally learning how to build it right....or they already knew and it was just a matter of taking control away from Rhule (control that he should never have had).

Whatever the case, they are doing it right and it's a formula that they can rinse and repeat. 

Now it's just a matter of what Rhule does with the team the FO is giving him.

We tried it Rhule's way with Rhule deciding on and controlling personnel and we fell on our face twice. Now he gets a chance with more legit talent, picked by someone else, that isn't predictated on their relationship with him.

If we get a decent LT and a QB that's half decent, we might see a winning record. 

Downside is Rhule might stick for a while longer 

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The FO is finally learning how to build it right....or they already knew and it was just a matter of taking control away from Rhule (control that he should never have had).

Whatever the case, they are doing it right and it's a formula that they can rinse and repeat. 

Now it's just a matter of what Rhule does with the team the FO is giving him.

We tried it Rhule's way with Rhule deciding on and controlling personnel and we fell on our face twice. Now he gets a chance with more legit talent, picked by someone else, that isn't predictated on their relationship with him.

If we get a decent LT and a QB that's half decent, we might see a winning record. 

Downside is Rhule might stick for a while longer 

Damn u that excited about those pickups lol. Rhule still has to give the ok for these moves u know. This team is no better honestly. Also not thrilled with the signing’s of both DJs

12 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Damn u that excited about those pickups lol. Rhule still has to give the ok for these moves u know. This team is no better honestly. Also not thrilled with the signing’s of both DJs

Why not on board with the DJ signings?  Donte is a homegrown talent and if horn is good as advertised and CJ gets his mental up to speed with his physical talent the corners could be elite.  If Moore could play with a real QB for a season you would see he is worth holding onto.  Resigning Moore basically says we want you around for awhile cause we are bringing in a QB soon.  

Edited by mickeye76
Auto defect

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed, but we've put ourselves in a much better place to potentially lure a legit vet. Elite vet QBs used to rarely change teams unless they were washed up but it's become the norm in recent years.

I would t be surprised if we are doing this to make a play for lamar Jackson within the next year. It’s crazy that Lamar still doesn’t have an extension in hand heading into his final year of his contract….

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I wouldn't use the word excited. I said they were learning. Taking steps in the right direction.They still have a ways to go and if Rhule still has to ok them, they aren't looking in the tiny fishbowl Rhule was using to find talent. They've improved there.

It's ok to say something good about the team every once in a while if it looks like they possibly might be doing something better than they were.

I said they also need to find a good LT and good QB, both of which are still big problem areas that have to be addressed with someone who can contribute at a high level right away. I don't see both of those happening. 

And I said winning record, not playoff caliber. There's a difference and even then it's a stretch saying that Rhule could take this team that far (although as bad as the falcons and saints are looking, if Brady starts falling off this year, we could be the turd that floats to the top but gets flushed anyways).

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

No, I think that may actually be the point.  We don't know that Rhule still has full control.  There are signs here that he may not.  FA thus far looks different than what it has the last couple years.

It would be nice if someone would clarify that, but I won't hold my breath.

We're in a terrible position because we're without a decent QB. Want to know which teams will be rock bottom in the upcoming season? The Panthers and the other teams that don't have a QB. Even if we draft a 2022 QB, they are check down QBs. They'll look like Sam out there, or even worse. This is a QB league, and the QB shows you what will happen to your team. Line up the best QBs and there are your best teams. Line up the worse QBs and there are your worse teams. We're epic bad until we land someone great or draft one of the quality prospects in the 2023 draft.

My point is that 2022 is basically a lost season that is useful only in that we did some rebuilding. That would change if we land a really good QB, but that seems very unlikely at this point.

17 hours ago, Basbear said:

If you build it, an elite QB will want to come.....

not really, the QB movement of recent seasons is an historical aberration, you don’t trying to contend for Super Bowls on the scant hope guys like deshaun Watson come available 

and honestly the panthers aren’t one of those teams the media is going to be willing to success anyways

39 minutes ago, Growl said:

not really, the QB movement of recent seasons is an historical aberration, you don’t trying to contend for Super Bowls on the scant hope guys like deshaun Watson come available 

and honestly the panthers aren’t one of those teams the media is going to be willing to success anyways

Wow grammar badly