• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers after Duane Brown

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The Panthers have sent everyone to the top 3 QB pro  days--I think Ridder and Howell will be next week---it will be interesting to see if we attend those.

I watched enough of the Corral pro day today--damn that is one quick release--and could see how some may have him as the top QB.

I am not seeing this as a weak group---maybe they don't WOW us with the crazy athleticism or the National Championship Series appearances, but is Wilson any better than Willis?  Is Fields that much better than Corral?  Is Mac Jones any better than Pickett? 

This class is just missing the Andrew Luck/Trevor Lawrence number one guy. It really doesn’t matter because we aren’t picking 1st. Burrow was a one year wonder with small hands and limited athletic ability, Herbert has the arm but was a bit of s letdown at Oregon, Murray was too small to play QB all these guys have weaknesses and are gambles. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's looking that way.  Honestly does Rhule have any options left? It's looking like he's not going to get a vet qb to bail him out so he's left with the draft. He may buy himself another year with a rookie draft pick.

My bet is that more people than Rhule will have a say in the direction this draft takes for the Panthers and what players they take.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This class is just missing the Andrew Luck/Trevor Lawrence number one guy. It really doesn’t matter because we aren’t picking 1st. Burrow was a one year wonder with small hands and limited athletic ability, Herbert has the arm but was a bit of s letdown at Oregon, Murray was too small to play QB all these guys have weaknesses and are gambles. 

Yeah, everyone laments that this class lacks the type of guys we wouldn't be in position to draft anyway at #6. Slam dunk QB prospects go #1 overall. And the last one of those that came out played so spectacularly that his team is once again drafting #1 overall.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, everyone laments that this class lacks the type of guys we wouldn't be in position to draft anyway at #6. Slam dunk QB prospects go #1 overall. And the last one of those that came out played so spectacularly that his team is once again drafting #1 overall.

Yeah I don't mind if we take a QB at 6. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I do mind trading 3 firsts or something to move up a few spots to grab someone that might suck. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Yeah I don't mind if we take a QB at 6. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I do mind trading 3 firsts or something to move up a few spots to grab someone that might suck. 

Yeah, when you make a trade like the Niners did for Lance you're really pushing all your chips to the table on a guy who's never taken a snap in the NFL. That's wildly risky.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People that are wanting Stroud next year also need to realize the chances of us picking 1 (probably where he will go) are very slim. If Young plays great he might go 2. If we draft an elite LT and pick up a FA QB we might not even have a top 10 pick. Pick 6 seems like a good spot to draft one this year. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

The only issue I have with drafting a QB is the crew that will be evaluating and ultimately drafting that QB. I don't have much faith after the Teddy and Darnold debacles.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only issue I have with drafting a QB is the crew that will be evaluating and ultimately drafting that QB. I don't have much faith after the Teddy and Darnold debacles.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic here, but the offseason moves this year seem less like Rhule and more like Fitterer. 

Regardless,  while an idiot,  it doesn't mean Rhule can't get lucky. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Weak quarterback class...

Strong offensive lineman class...

Guess what we'll take 😕

They are almost forced to go QB. Especially of they can sign a LT in FA. If that happens I would say there's a 90% chance it's a qb.  If they trade out of the top 10 it could be both if there's any of either left worth a roster spot.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Weak quarterback class...

Strong offensive lineman class...

Guess what we'll take 😕

Wasn’t last year the opposite and you wanted us to go OL? Slater would have been better than Horn and possibly Fields/Wilson/Mac. You have to look at needs and value of players where you are picking. I believe our staff has already said it’s not as weak of a QB class as it’s being made out to be. 

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly could it be any worse if you add any of these kids to the group?