• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

24 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I think it’s crazy how everyone wants Willis but he won’t be starting this year he’s not ready. I don’t want Darnold starting for this team this year at all. I don’t want Pickett either but poo go get Minshew.

Most qbs drafted in the first play year one. Especially if there are no better options ahead of them. What's a better teacher than learn on the job. He can't look much worse than Wilson or Lawrence I say.

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I don't think people are so much saying QBs that can run can't win a Super Bowl, its more QBs that can run, but are limited working from the pocket.

Roders is mobile, but he happens to be pretty good from the pocket, same with someone like Young.

QBs that can’t read from the pocket won’t last in the NFL period. The argument was against Lamar who can absolutely read from the pocket when needed/asked by his coaches. Cam was the same way as is Murray. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

QBs that can’t read from the pocket won’t last in the NFL period. The argument was against Lamar who can absolutely read from the pocket when needed/asked by his coaches. Cam was the same way as is Murray. 

I'm less sure about Murray, especially after that playoff disaster and his quote about not needing to watch film.

• Pie 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Massive contingent on hand but really odd that the Seahawks aren’t present (unless this person is missing them).

No one from Seattle? 🤔

The others I get because they all have quarterbacks, but the Seahawks not being there is weird.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Willis comes in at a full 1.5 inches smaller than Lamar Jackson but he’s about 15 lbs. heavier.

I wonder what his deal is with not wanting to run considering mobility is one of his biggest strengths.  I dont believe he ran at the combine either. 

I keep flipping between Malik and Pickett but I am going to stick with Malik as the guy I would pick.  If Pickett is very average next season what bothers me most is his upside is much lower than Willis.  He is near a finished product?  I want the guy with upside we can develop.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I keep flipping between Malik and Pickett but I am going to stick with Malik as the guy I would pick.  If Pickett is very average next season what bothers me most is his upside is much lower than Willis.  I want the guy with upside we can develop.

Lol I see your avatar changing back and forth. It’s an inner struggle. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

It's literally the dame argument I had on the huddlein 2011 before we drafted cam. Same arguments. He can't throw if he could he wouldn't be running. Well if Payton manning could run like cam or Jackson I'm sure he would run more as well. Even with Willis... all I see is he smart has a higher wonderlic score and he's accurate.

Yet and still people question his ability to throw because he runs some other old school good Ole boy mindset. 

What qb that actually runs a lot has won a super bowl recently?  It's great in the regular season but doesnt seem to work as much in the playoffs.  Manipulating the pocket and sensing pressure is much more important than a qb full blown running. 

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I wonder what his deal is with not wanting to run considering mobility is one of his biggest strengths.  I dont believe he ran at the combine either. 

nothing to gain really.

Everyone already thinks he is really fast.

Running a 4.5 has a greater chance of hurting his stock then running a 4.4 does in helping his stock.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

What does he has to I gain from running? Only negatives. If he runs slower than expected his stock takes a hit. If he runs a 4.4 or so all people going to do is say he's a running qb or he can play rb some The Golden Calf of Bristol hybrid role package nonsense. Kyler didn't run.. people just accepted he was fast. Lamar didn't run...people just accepted he was fast..

• Pie 1