• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting reports for the top three quarterbacks

Verge

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I just do not like Willis' game as much as Corral's...that delivery and release is wild to watch...and at least we know he can stand up to "better defenses".

Corral's arm is LIVE.

Hell yeah, I love his arm, one of his best traits. It reminds me of Peyton's release a little.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think your first round predictions are accurate in terms of value, but (and it is not on you to include speculation of this nature into your journalism) but if the Steelers' determination to get Willis is true--it will shake things up.  I think they will have to wait to see if Detroit passes and then trade up to #5 or sooner.

If so, the Steelers and Panthers will take QBs in the first 6 picks.  Since I do not think Atlanta (needs) will take a QB this year, it is possible that Corral is taken by Philly or New Orleans.

Interesting stuff and you are on the money.  The 38 fumbles bothers me in a league where the average difference between a win and a loss is less than one score.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I was talking about this with @Jared Patterson but if this team really wants one of the top two tackles as I suspect, what would be the best way to guarantee one of them drops to you? You bring the entire front office out to these QB workouts. I think if Ikem or Neal are there, that is who we will pick tbh.

So who’s qb? I know u stated before no way Darnold is on this team this year. So who’s the starter and backup? Because PJ is just bench warming since Rhule was his coach at Temple.

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Hell yeah, I love his arm, one of his best traits. It reminds me of Peyton's release a little.

Hmmmm, I thought it was a little more compact Rivers type release...but with much more velocity.

Young Peyton is a good call as well.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So who’s qb? I know u stated before no way Darnold is on this team this year. So who’s the starter and backup? Because PJ is just bench warming since Rhule was his coach at Temple.

IF we go tackle at 6, I think you may see Baker come back into play, post draft, or during.

Not calling it, but could see it.  I just can't see Rhule actually wanting to go into this season with a rookie...would almost be the nail in the coffin for him.

10 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Corral--threw a ton of int's two years ago; lots of injuries. Just don't see him as being worth no. 6.

Picket--small hands and a pretty low ceiling not making him worth a no. 6 pick

Willis--too short; hasn't proven he is ready mentally to go through projections; weak competition in an rpo offense; highest ceiling and highest probability to be a complete bust. Not worth no. 6 pick.

I would trade back and take a lt w/ first pick and a qb like the kid from UNC with the 2nd round pick obtained in the trade.  

Height has proven not as important as many think with the success of Brees and kyler who is what 5-10?

OK I got to watch Liberty vs. Ole Miss last year and of course the talent levels between those two clubs are vastly different, but I was not that impressed with Willis. The Rebels defense ate him alive that day.

also, Liberty's head coach is Hugh Freeze (I know a bit about that moron) and besides Laremy Tunsil (who is decent but we all remember that draft day bong fiasco) he hasn't had a successful pro prospect. I don't trust his scheme and his ability to coach up guys like Willis to be able to compete at the next level.

In Corral we Trust. 

• Pie 1

Good write-ups, Verge, as always...  

I really like Corral from what I watched of him in college.  His leadership and processing seem like they will translate very easily into the NFL, and his athleticism is impressive as well, but man, I do not buy that listed weight at all, and thats what scares me about him.  He looks really small and frail.  If not for his build, I think he would be projected much higher, but it makes me worry for his longevity.  

And as I have repeatedly stated across the forum, Willis is the guy I'm most confident about because of his physical ability, character, and potential.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Verge said:

If you consider Pickett's fumbles, it might be a wash to start Willis and know that he will have turnovers as he develops.  I just love his moxie, attitude, leadership, etc.  He is going to learn and get better from his mistakes.  He will make everyone around him better.  For example, he was brushing his chest at WRs after they dropped passes.  His first comments were the throws he didn't make.  I see it.

About Pickett:  I saw some video of him as a sophomore (I think) and his mechanics were not there.  During 2020, his mechanics (feet, delivery) seemed much improved.  It is possible that they worked on his ball security as well (I think I read that he had 3 fumbles last year).

I think Willis just nudged Pickett in my mind--but it is very close if not a draw in my mind.

• Pie 1