• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I'm just saying if we're judging QB like we did back in the days...

College Productions 

College film 

Physical skills 

Prove his ability thru adversity.. (no real pass targets and lost both his rbs) so Sam Howell runs for 800 yards and 11tds..

Nobody matches Sam's Resume in this draft..

Agreed. What I like about Howell is what can't be measured. The guy is always even keel and doesn't get rattled or discouraged. He does whatever he has to do to give his team a chance. He almost never ran before this year. He turned into a runner this year out of necessity. 

Howell just find a way to get it done. No, he might not always win but you oftentimes find yourself watching a UNC game and realizing... damn, without this Howell dude UNC would just be getting blasted.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Only UNC homers think Howell is the best QB in this class and that’s the last thing I’m gonna say on that. 

Not a homer Hate UNC and that's sour grapes ..

The stats are in front of you..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sam-howell-1.html

You can't tell me a guy who has 3 season of good QB play compre to a guy with 1 isn't better...

Edited by WOW!!

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. What I like about Howell is what can't be measured. The guy is always even keel and doesn't get rattled or discouraged. He does whatever he has to do to give his team a chance. He almost never ran before this year. He turned into a runner this year out of necessity. 

Howell just find a way to get it done. No, he might not always win but you oftentimes find yourself watching a UNC game and realizing... damn, without this Howell dude UNC would just be getting blasted.

So you're saying he could be Jake 2.0?

If you're saying that I'm in!!!

32 minutes ago, joemac said:

We’re getting Sam off the team and 19 mil in salary cap room. That’s good enough.

And what’s the plan with that $$?

all the top guys in FA are gone that would require you to open space for.

trading away a young player Just to get Darnold off your books for 1 years is 2010-2018 Browns esq.  That’s what bad organizations do.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Not a homer Hate UNC and that's sour grapes ..

The stats are in front of you..

You can't tell me a guy who has 3 season of good QB play compre to a guy with 1 isn't better...

Guys improve in college. I tend to take current past performance over older past performance. They’re still kids. They improve. That’s the whole point of college

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not even a discussion in my opinion..

It took Pickett 5 years to produce a season better then Howell worst season...

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Guys improve in college. I tend to take current past performance over older past performance. They’re still kids. They improve. That’s the whole point of college

Cool.. I'll take consistent performances which is the clear determination of a player..

Don't care what you say you can't argue against year to year to year consistency ...

Edited by WOW!!

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Most of them are. Pickett is the age of a lot of kids coming out of grad school. He always looked very mediocre until he was a lot older and a lot more experienced than his competition. Huge red flag.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2