• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cost of trading for an additional 1st rounder

Martin

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That ship sailed. It's better to just take our medicine this year than scramble to try and recoup the lost draft capital and make it worse in the future.

It's the same thing that got us in trouble last draft, trying to be cute and add extra picks/players. Sometimes you just need to play the board and let that be the smart thing.

That's why I am firmly against trying to trade back into the first. We aren't 1 or 2 players away from being a good team. We can't keep acting like that and making bad trades. 

They preached patience to the fans while being insanely impulsive. They need to actually read the poo they sent us and finallbelieve it.

It was cool to see us working the board for more picks, but it was pretty disheartening to see us trade ourselves down and out of so many OL prospects.  I mean some were a bit banged up but that second tier last year had some really solid rookie campaigns yet we end up with Terrace Marshall as the 2nd rounder.  

Sam Cosmi, Dillon Radunz, Jackson Carman (The bright spot on the Bengals line), Josh Meyers, it was just frustrating.  

If they knew they weren't going to be using TMJ much, I don't know why they didn't take a different approach.  Horn would have been much easier to take in if we just stayed pat and drafted Cosmi.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

It was cool to see us working the board for more picks, but it was pretty disheartening to see us trade ourselves down and out of so many OL prospects.  I mean some were a bit banged up but that second tier last year had some really solid rookie campaigns yet we end up with Terrace Marshall as the 2nd rounder.  

Sam Cosmi, Dillon Radunz, Jackson Carman (The bright spot on the Bengals line), Josh Meyers, it was just frustrating.  

If they knew they weren't going to be using TMJ much, I don't know why they didn't take a different approach.  Horn would have been much easier to take in if we just stayed pat and drafted Cosmi.  

They got so caught up in winning the fantasy draft points battle that they forgot about the simplest part of the draft....draft the best players.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

or just trade 6 to philly for both their 1sts and cost us nothing

Why would Philly trade yo to 6 though? Maybe if a Ja’Marr Chase was sitting there, it would make sense, but whoa would Philly trade up for? I just don’t see. 

I don’t want us to trade up either. Either take the QB at 6 or don’t. I’m honestly hoping Neal or Ikem is somehow at 6. 

If we're being honest with ourselves, which scenario seems more likely?

A) Corral demonstrates he's a franchise qb, plays early and at minimum puts us into playoff contention, after which we gladly give up a 2023 pick in the teens or

B) We fail to improve in year 1 with Corral and Rhule still at the helm, end up shipping a top 2 pick to Philly next year, letting slip Bryce Young/CJ Stroud/whoever emerges as the cream of the crop from our grasp and are stuck no better than we were at qb.

I mean, scenario B seems at least twice as likely, or is it just me?

Edited by Peon Awesome