• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper Still Won’t Talk

BurnNChinn

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He did a lot to actually make the situation worse when he was talking about Teddy Bridgewater, but that didn't shut him up then.

So maybe he's learned his lesson and decided to keep his mouth shut? Idk man I'm not a huge fan of his but this feels like a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, travisura said:

So maybe he's learned his lesson and decided to keep his mouth shut? Idk man I'm not a huge fan of his but this feels like a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

See above.

If you're hoping to get somebody to buy something from you, treating them like peons isn't good business.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

If you're hoping to get somebody to buy something from you, treating them like peons isn't good business.

I get that, but once again, what do you want him to say? He's clearly committed to Rhule and therefore won't be hiring a new coach until at least next offseason. So would he come out and sh-t talk him? How would that be productive? The only thing he could say from a PR perspective is talking about how much the team has gotten better this offseason, but with no answer at QB, those words would ring hollow. I hate that the huddle has made me come to his defense because I have a high level of disdain for billionaires, but when I look at him I see an owner who was too gung-ho from the jump, and now realizes what a sh-tshow he's got on his hands. Is radio silence the right answer? Maybe, maybe not. As you've noted, he's put his foot in his mouth before, so if this prevents that from happening again, then fine. 

Just now, travisura said:

I get that, but once again, what do you want him to say? He's clearly committed to Rhule and therefore won't be hiring a new coach until at least next offseason. So would he come out and sh-t talk him? How would that be productive? The only thing he could say from a PR perspective is talking about how much the team has gotten better this offseason, but with no answer at QB, those words would ring hollow. I hate that the huddle has made me come to his defense because I have a high level of disdain for billionaires, but when I look at him I see an owner who was too gung-ho from the jump, and now realizes what a sh-tshow he's got on his hands. Is radio silence the right answer? Maybe, maybe not. As you've noted, he's put his foot in his mouth before, so if this prevents that from happening again, then fine. 

Outside of firing Rhule, I don't necessarily have anything specific I want him to say.

But with that said, even saying something worthless is better than giving the impression that either A) you think you're above talking to your customers or B) you're an abject coward.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 3

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Outside of firing Rhule, I don't necessarily have anything specific I want him to say.

But with that said, even saying something worthless is better than giving the impression that either A) you think you're above talking to your customers or B) you're an abject coward.

I get the feeling that it's more of the latter than the former, but that's just my assumption. But like I said, there's nothing he can say right now that will make the situation better so I can understand why he's choosing to not say anything.  

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

If you are going to start as an upfront and vocal figure in your sports team when you buy it and then hide when things go very badly then maybe it's time to buy some PR help to navigate being a public figure. How to speak NFL if you will. 

Then again if he hired well he wouldn't have to hide...

Tep needs to hire all kinds of help in a lot of areas and stop with his amateur bullshit treating this like a damn hobby 

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rzsm4z585sem9acfpp

I'm angry at you Mr Billionaire!   You should have to face the music and listen to my bitchy complaints because I know the football stuff better.

Oh geez now we've got two billionaire knob polishers on this site 🙄

bowling polishing GIF

13 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

That truly isn't in our best interest at this moment. 

Should want him to succeed.  

But I know you'd rather watch the team get blown up again. 

I'm not a fan of Matt Rhule, so I don't really care whether he succeeds or not.

I am a fan of the Panthers, so I do care whether or not they succeed.

Sometimes team success means parting ways with those who are underperforming.

And that doesn't just mean players.