• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How dangerous is Willis as a runner? What makes him special?

micnificent28

Accuracy is most important going forward for Malik. Not running. At 6'0" 219 running should not be his bread and butter. Linebackers are just as fast if not faster and carry more weight and will light him up in the open field.

We saw what happened to Darnold trying to run in the NFL, CMC. Running backs need that extra weight and extra gear to do what they do. 

You can't be sure if his running at Liberty is sustainable in the NFL. You can't realistically draft him to be a runner. Mike Vick was that size but he was a 4.2 guy.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

No, basically teams with throwing RBs have never and will never win in the NFL. It's a passing league now. You can't make a duck into a chicken. You are the one living in the flat world if you think the answer is running the ball with your QB. Should we bring in the old Wishbone offense?

Football Line GIF by JMUDukes

Looks like winning 

Screenshot_20220409-180532_Chrome.jpg

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Playoffs?

Success is Success... that's as consistent as winning gets in the league I'm pretty sure there are a lot of playoff team in those 37 wins. Seeing has they never missed the playoffs since he has been their quarterback. 

Do the Ravens win in the playoffs? Haven't yet but how much of that is on 1 person vs the entire team. If he's good enough to win you 37 regular season games and only 12 losses in 4 years during the season he's probably not the problem.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Success is Success... that's as consistent as winning gets in the league I'm pretty sure there are a lot of playoff team in those 37 wins. Seeing has they never missed the playoffs since he has been their quarterback. 

Do the Ravens win in the playoffs? Haven't yet but how much of that is on 1 person vs the entire team. If he's good enough to win you 37 regular season games and only 12 losses in 4 years during the season he's probably not the problem.

Looks like he has one win. That’s one more that pocket passer Stafford until he turned what? 33? Then he went to a loaded team and won a Super Bowl. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Looks like he has one win. That’s one more that pocket passer Stafford until he turned what? 33? Then he went to a loaded team and won a Super Bowl. 

I agree. I'm not sure why his regular season wins don't count as winning. Seeing as we as a franchise has never done that in back to back seasons... why do we get to look down on the ravens and Lamar who walk into the playoffs every year he has been under center. 

Bro, we lost as many games last season as he has done in 4 seasons. But you can't win with a "running quarterback"

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I agree. I'm not sure why his regular season wins don't count as winning. Seeing as we as a franchise has never done that in back to back seasons... why do we get to look down on the ravens and Lamar who walk into the playoffs every year he has been under center. 

Bro, we lost as many games last season as he has done in 4 seasons. But you can't win with a "running quarterback"

They don't count because they don't support the argument of the people arguing against him.

All the "RuNnInG qBs CaNt WiN" people are just butthurt that the game has changed.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They don't count because they don't support the argument of the people arguing against him.

All the "RuNnInG qBs CaNt WiN" people are just butthurt that the game has changed.

I get what you are trying to say about the game changing however if anything the game is changing in favor of the throwing qbs with all of the rule changes.  Just look at all of the accumulated passing yards the past decade or so.   But I get your overall point about qbs being a dual threat.   Personally I just think that is overrated.   I mean damn we just had the best ever and couldn't do poo with him.   

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get what you are trying to say about the game changing however if anything the game is changing in favor of the throwing qbs with all of the rule changes.  Just look at all of the accumulated passing yards the past decade or so.   But I get your overall point about qbs being a dual threat.   Personally I just think that is overrated.   I mean damn we just had the best ever and couldn't do poo with him.   

You mean make it to the super bowl with Ted Ginn as your number 1 wr? Who was a bust by all standards until then. Never really having a decent wr supporting cast. Unless we counting Benjamin? Dude had us lose 2 games that whole 2015 and won 3 division titles. If anything we failed him not the other way around.

If not for that busted shoulder injury we are talking about a hall of gamer and greatest duel threat of all time. He would still be under center. His injury happened in the pocket and not running by the way.

Edited by micnificent28

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Well we were one dumb coach away from having a "running QB" with a Super Bowl ring.

It's the classic nonsense argument of *insert thing that can't be done* has never *insert thing to do* that always gets made. Until it does happen. Then that just disappears 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

You mean make it to the super bowl with Ted Ginn as your number 1 wr? Who was a bust by all standards until then. Never really having a decent wr supporting cast. Unless we counting Benjamin? Dude had us lose 2 games that whole 2015 and won 3 division titles. If anything we failed him not the other way around.

If not for that busted shoulder injury we are talking about a hall of gamer and greatest duel threat of all time. He would still be under center. His injury happened in the pocket and not running by the way.

He was/is a bad passer that never had back to back winning seasons.  Make all the excuses you want but those facts.  

I thought you were ignoring me 

• Pie 1