• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think they trade up and take Neal or Ikey at 5 if available, otherwise sit at their picks and take QB/WR/Zion/Penning, whoever's there. 

I don't see it. They gotta do something at QB. Jameis Winston is their current penciled in starter and they don't have a 1st next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have to chuckle at this widespread Huddle sentiment that an NFL team can just sit back and choose a new franchise QB prospect at their leisure.

Let's say next year's class is another very strong on paper class. Well, guess what? If we're sitting at #6 again we're probably gonna be too low.

Nope, we will be in striking distance, sure we would have to give up trade capital but holy hell our roster should be in a better place this time next year.  One would certainly hope. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

God I’d love 6 for 16 and 19. Penning and Linderbaum. 
Penning-Brady-Linderbaum-Corbett-Moton for new coach and rookie qb. 

We just grabbed Bozeman in FA though, even if we did take Linderbaum, Bozeman is a way better guard than Brady. I'd take Zion as our LG over Linderbaum and play Bozeman at C

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have to chuckle at this widespread Huddle sentiment that an NFL team can just sit back and choose a new franchise QB prospect at their leisure.

Let's say next year's class is another very strong on paper class. Well, guess what? If we're sitting at #6 again we're probably gonna be too low.

Thank you!  I've posted this several times.  We were a 5 win team with a much worse roster and drafted 8th and 6th the past two years.  There is not going to be a top tier prospect available later than that next year.  Even if there are 4 great QBs they will probably go 1-4, because teams can trade down to acquire a ton of capital if they don't need one.  They talk about last year's class, but no one on here wanted Mac because he had weaknesses and Fields was also questioned by several scouts.  There were mock drafts where Fields dropped to like 20.  

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How is it completely irrelevant?  What is it about Willis that we supposedly like more then fields?  This is the same front office making the picks

because you don’t double down on a mistake lol

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nope, we will be in striking distance, sure we would have to give up trade capital but holy hell our roster should be in a better place this time next year.  One would certainly hope. 

Should be. But we we've been saying that for years and here we sit with three consecutive five win seasons to show for it.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I'm kinda done judging a QB by his system. Herbert played in a damn HS offense at Oregon. I let that fool me into thinking he wasn't capable of more.

Hold on you were serious about Willis vs Trey? my gods....Trey would be the clear #1 in this draft. 3x the QB willis even dreams of. They are not comparable, no team......well i forget how some teams are...still no team would give three 1st plus extra filler for Willis, not ONE. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see it. They gotta do something at QB. Jameis Winston is their current penciled in starter and they don't have a 1st next year.

In that case they should stick with their 2 1st round picks and grab Penning and a QB to redshirt for a year? Don't think they have a starting LT on their roster currently

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would you make any picks for picks trades in the weeks leading up to the draft before seeing who's available? This is honestly baffling.

This is the 2nd year in a row for the Eagles. They made a pick for pick trade with Miami last year about this same time.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Hold on you were serious about Willis vs Trey? my gods....Trey would be the clear #1 in this draft. 3x the QB willis even dreams of. They are not comparable, no team......well i forget how some teams are...still no team would give three 1st plus extra filler for Willis, not ONE. 

From the sounds of it the Niners are in the midst of some serious buyer's remorse.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Thank you!  I've posted this several times.  We were a 5 win team with a much worse roster and drafted 8th and 6th the past two years.  There is not going to be a top tier prospect available later than that next year.  Even if there are 4 great QBs they will probably go 1-4, because teams can trade down to acquire a ton of capital if they don't need one.  They talk about last year's class, but no one on here wanted Mac because he had weaknesses and Fields was also questioned by several scouts.  There were mock drafts where Fields dropped to like 20.  

A few things here.  QB's never ever go 1-4.  And even if we win on average with what rhule and darnold have historically been at we will have a perfect spot to trade up to where we need.  The top pick will not have to go far down and they accumulate capital.    I dont give a poo how good the line is, if rhule is coaching and sam is qb (and is inevitably hurt) we are a poo team next year. 

• Pie 1