• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic summary of draft QBs and OTs from Dane Brugler . Just summary not all stats and detail

On 4/7/2022 at 3:10 PM, micnificent28 said:

Bro what is with u and the Willis stalker hate why is opinion believed but chris trappaso not.people have varying opinions

Nationally speaking, Brugler is way more highly regarded than Trapasso.

That's not limited to people on this board.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The QB position is just a hard one to judge/scout.  McShay has been high on Willis while others are low.  I've seen him mocked from number 2 overall to not the first round.  Brugler (as good as his is) liked Mitch the best in his class followed by Kizer then Watson (who questioned his downfield throws and accuracy) followed by Mahomes.  He likes Mitch (compares him favorably to Dalton) and projects him at 6 and states he is "worthy" of being in the top 12... 

https://www.cleveland.com/dman/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_expert_dane_bru.html

With Mitch as his 1 in the top 12 where does that leave his 3 and 4 in Watson in Mahomes?? I'm not trying to hate on Brugler, but just show how hard is it to evaluate these QBs.  At some point we have to draft one we are high on like the Texans did with Watson and the Chiefs did with Mahomes even if they have some issues that we believe we can correct.  

I'm starting to think the best case is we trade down (I know we need a trade partner first) and grab a Corral/Howell later because the drop from a Pickett to a Howell is little if any...  This is of course assuming Neal and Icky aren't there at 6.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could go to mcshay as well... I mean it's pretty much everyone that has Willis as the number 1 qb at this point. When I draft a guy he doesn't have to be a finished product day 1. However I need the tools you can't coach. 

If your gambling and everyone is a gamble I always bet on upside. 

Edited by micnificent28

Nolan Nawrocki (the guy who criticized Cam when he was coming out) used to have the best draft preview I've ever read it was fantastic. He even gave you intimate background information about draft prospects. Some OT guy named Tony Washington who was draftable but went undrafted and unsigned due to the fact that he admitted to having sex with his sister. true story 

https://www.amazon.com/Nolan-Nawrocki/e/B00O2HRR8K?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

40 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I could go to mcshay as well... I mean it's pretty much everyone that has Willis as the number 1 qb at this point. When I draft a guy he doesn't have to be a finished product day 1. However I need the tools you can't coach. 

If your gambling and everyone is a gamble I always bet on upside. 

McShay's not someone I listen to much, honestly. ESPN has been trying to build him up for years but he's just not that good.

Brugler is probably the best draft guy going right now.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Honestly the QB class is terrible 

The more this drags along to the draft this is pretty clear.  Any of these QBs is a reach in round 1.  Agreed

Time to change the avatar again.😏

Edited by Shocker

38 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Nolan Nawrocki (the guy who criticized Cam when he was coming out) used to have the best draft preview I've ever read it was fantastic. He even gave you intimate background information about draft prospects. Some OT guy named Tony Washington who was draftable but went undrafted and unsigned due to the fact that he admitted to having sex with his sister. true story 

https://www.amazon.com/Nolan-Nawrocki/e/B00O2HRR8K?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

One front-office source from a team that dropped Washington off its draft board says the player didn't seem to show enough remorse. More to the point, the team didn't want to deal with the complications of having a sex offender on the roster. "He'd be a media distraction," the source says. "You have to ask, is he worth the headache?"

https://deadspin.com/espn-the-mag-story-about-sister-humping-nfl-prospect-wi-5623922