• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Brand

TLGPanthersFan

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I don't know. It sounds like a very college coach slogan thing to try when you're desperate for motivation.

That could be the point as well, if it is marketing for potential players to want to play here, then they will use a slogan or pitch that attracts them. We dont know how they tested it, but I personally do know they tested it. Which means it was validated in some way to help them achieve whatever goal they are after with this marketing campaign. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

it's possible that it isnt for us, haha. It's potentially for a younger audience. They already have us "old folks" hoooked. I mean poo, most of us have been fans for decades. They arent worried about losing us. They may losing a few, but they wont lose the many of their existing fan base.

Well I'm not sure about you, but I'm 25 so I still fall into the "young" category. They'd have to really screw the pooch to lose me as a fan, and I guess I should refrain from judgement until all is unveiled, but "The Brand" just seems corny to me.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly I think it's driven by Tepper. He's been trying to downplay "Keep Pounding" since he bought the team. He wants rid of everything that was from the pre-Tepper era. By extension, I have to assume that he wants rid of the prior fanbase as well because holy poo, he couldn't be doing much better of a job of running us off.

Im sure that could have been the birth of the idea, but it's not driven by Tepper. Im sure he is a stakeholder, and final signoff. However, he isnt close to this. 

Just now, travisura said:

Well I'm not sure about you, but I'm 25 so I still fall into the "young" category. They'd have to really screw the pooch to lose me as a fan, and I guess I should refrain from judgement until all is unveiled, but "The Brand" just seems corny to me.

Depends on their persona types, my assumption it would be:

Youth:: 5-13
Young : 13-22
Young Adult :22-31
Adult: 32-44
Senior: 44+

I agree with the statement you shared that I bolded. It's harder to lose an existing fan than it is to gain new fans. Path of least resistance here.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Im sure that could have been the birth of the idea, but it's not driven by Tepper. Im sure he is a stakeholder, and final signoff. However, he isnt close to this. 

As CRA said, its verbatim rip-off of Rhule's Baylor motto.  Rhule is inserting his "brand" for lack of better term into this and its all so cringey. 

Just now, davos said:

As CRA said, its verbatim rip-off of Rhule's Baylor motto.  Rhule is inserting his "brand" for lack of better term into this and its all so cringey. 

It's also what the WFT team used as their theme last year. It's not that it is tied to Rhule, its just common. If you were asked about "The Brand" 6-10 years ago, most would have replied "Jordan."

"The Brand" is very common in sports, which is probably another reason why they chose this.... its possible it tested well 😉

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree with the statement you shared that I bolded. It's harder to lose an existing fan than it is to gain new fans. Path of least resistance here.

True. I guess we'll have to wait and see where it goes. As long as they start winning games I'm fine.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's also what the WFT team used as their theme last year. It's not that it is tied to Rhule, its just common. If you were asked about "The Brand" 6-10 years ago, most would have replied "Jordan."

"The Brand" is very common in sports, which is probably another reason why they chose this.... its possible it tested well 😉

They did "Making the Brand" as in, they were going into the background of how they made the team's branding and approach.  We're branding as "The Brand".  I can't say I've seen that done.

Are you saying "The Brand" is a malleable generic template? 

51 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the fans with money....still grew up on teams not named the Carolina Panthers.    The "older" fans aren't as locked in as other franchises. 

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That seems awfully low for Senior. People can live into their 80s. They spend [edit] half their life as Seniors?

Edited by trueblade