• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Sam Howell

Panthers Are Reportedly Meeting With Notable Quarterback (msn.com)

I have always been on the Sam Howell bandwagon and after reading a couple of articles about all the QBs I believe he is being highly undervalued. 

Howell had an amazing 2020 and if he was eligible he would have probably been the 3rd QB off the board last year.  Many want to point it as a fault of Sam's but he lost 4 play makers off UNCs roster to the NFL after that season.  You don't just replace 4 NFL caliber players in one season.  He still came within 500 yds of matching is 202 stats.  Completion percentage was lower but some of it can be attributed to dropped passes. 

A couple of articles I have read compare Sam Howell to Drew Brees.   While there are others comparisons that compare him to lesser QBs.  More than one article compares him to Brees.

He's a tad taller but has the same arm strength and mobility.  He's not a runner but can use his legs to gain a 1st down when necessary. He also is good processor and isn't a one read QB. 

One interesting note I saw was Sam has the best 3rd down conversion of all QBs in this draft. 

I think he's going to make everyone regret passing on him in 10 days.  

I hope we trade down.  Grab a couple extra picks and select Howell.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

If we were to trade back to the late teens early 20s I would take a hard look at him.

2 minutes ago, shaq said:

I would not mind Howell in a trade down one bit.

I think a trade back would be perfect for us.

I thought of a scenario of us taking Wills at 6 and keeping him away for N.O. and Atlanta.  Trading the pick later in the draft and getting Howell later plus a bunch of extra picks.