• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Crush: Nick Cross FS/SS

shaq

Nick Cross is a safety out of Maryland, he is truly a star in the making yet he is being projected mostly around the third round to early day three in the draft. He could very well fall into our range even without a trade back for extra picks(I hope we do trade back), I have a feeling that teams are probably much higher on Cross than the media but regardless I would even be happy taking him in the second round if we had one. I came across Cross watching the combine and man did this kid stand out, first off he's absolutely jacked very much like our fan-favorite Chinn. But more importantly, his movement and fluidity are special. I was watching the DB combine testing expecting Hamilton to shine but Cross took away the show. This led me to watch as much tape of Cross as I could find and man he didn't disappoint. He has great range, his speed really does show up on tape he is a natural ballhawk on the field and tracks the ball very well. Keep in mind this kid is only 20, if you let him develop at FS and really learn the position his range would grow with experience. He needs to learn more about route concepts/play recognition better so he can react and anticipate faster. Furthermore, his run defense is awesome. He is a fugging rocket on the field, he lays wood like he actually blows people up. If you wanna see some big ass hits watch his highlight tape which I will link below. In college, he was so much faster than everyone so he wouldn't always take the best angles but he still always made an impact in the run game. His speed especially shows up when he's chasing down WRs or running backs on big chunk plays, he actually catches up to them this is not Roman Harper or Tre Boston getting burnt. Pairing Chinn with Cross would be a perfect combo at the backend for the next decade and would allow Chinn to play SS. Cross reminds me a lot of Chinn but built a bit smaller for FS, both athletic freaks/big hitters and play with passion. Lastly he's just a great guy, intelligent and a hard worker just the type of player you want on your team. The draft is so close, keep pounding!

Physical Attributes:

6'0 Foot, and 212 Pounds

4.34 forty yard dash

37-inch Vertical

Only 20 Years Old

Highlight Tape- 

vjmwcaxswwynqyacbblv.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 5.16.14 PM.png

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he's interesting. Been looking at him along with Bryan Cook, Jalen Pitre, and Smoke Monday.

He is very interesting, I like Pitre too he's just more of a slot guy than a true safety.